Old Guild parts

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Some of you might remember the thread on the 'old' board re. parts that were thrown in the dumpster after the Westerly plant was closed.
Some of that stuff popped up on eBay or came up for sale from people who actually salvaged usable stuff at the dump. The last couple of years I've bought some stuff from various sources but quite recently I was able to buy a big load of parts. Right now I'm in the process of figuring out what it all is, what I want to keep and what I would like to sell right away.
So, if you're looking for a specific part for your Guild guitar, keep an eye on this section of the forum. As soon as I know what it all is and what I would like to unload, I will post it here.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Whoa Hans....I might have to come pay you a visit!!! I'd love to have a NOS set of Kolb tuners if you have 'em, the ones one my old '62 are starting to slip pretty bad. Always up for a Guild/Bigsby B6 too, in nickel.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Old parts

Hello Walter,

I'm afraid that 'old' doesn't go back that far! For the Kolb tuners that is!
Most of the real old stuff has been long gone.
The Guild/Bigsby B-6 would not be a problem though!

Cheers!

Hans

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hans,
that's too bad about the tuners. I've seen the Diamond buttoned ones on some Eko guitars too, maybe I'll luck out with a trashed Eko for cheap some day soon. (or talk an Eko owner into trading for a set of schallers... :wink: )

I'll come visit in the near future anyway, if you have the time, to show you the black starfire III. :D

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re. I'll come visit in the near future anyway, if you have the time, to show you the black starfire III.

Would love to seee it! Hey ....... I'll make time for that!

Hans

P.S.
Re. the Kolb tuners:
They're probably not all bad! Might be able to help you with a few!

billydlight

Reaction score
re parts

Yeah Jay Pilzer got all the good stuff back when Fender first bought Guild. He told me they asked him to catalog the stuff, and said he could take whatever he wanted! yipe

PS Han's I'm in for a gold or nickle Guild Bigsby if they are going cheap!

Billy D

hideglue

Reaction score
Re: re parts

billydlight said:
Yeah Jay Pilzer got all the good stuff back when Fender first bought Guild. He told me they asked him to catalog the stuff, and said he could take whatever he wanted! yipe

PS Han's I'm in for a gold or nickle Guild Bigsby if they are going cheap!

Billy D

I wasn't aware that anyone was there to catalog a thing. It was mostly being sorted between dumpster and divers. There was very little left of any real value, after FMIC and their infinite wisdom decided this was for the best, to catalog or take.

Reaction score
re: Old Guild Parts

Hello Hans,

I'm interested in the parts that probably weren't worth anything to the bigshots at Fender: Plastic cover parts.

I am always looking for PILOT parts. I've got a little stockpile going, but I am lacking Truss Rod covers and especially REAR CONTROL COVERS.

Any help or PILOT part connections would be greatly appreciated. :D

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Old Guild Parts

Hi everybody,

Still need some time to go through all the stuff and sort things out. It's really a lot! As soon as I'm ready I will post it here.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

d-rock

Reaction score
Hey Hans...count me in on a Guild/Bigsby B-6!! I've been looking for one for a while and they are very hard to find anywhere.

Reaction score
Pickup rings

Hi Hans,

Many thanks for guiding me here from the FDP forum.

I am looking for replacement black plastic pickup rings for my beautiful 1986 X170. The one at the bridge is cracked. Can you or anyone else out there help?

Thanks again for putting me in touch with this great site.

Colin

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
pickup rings

Hello Colin,

It looks like I have a ring for your X-170. I don't have a lot of 'm so would you be happy if I just sell you one for the bridge position?
I have none of that stuff priced yet but give me a little time. I'll try to be reasonable.

Sincerely,

Hans

rogersguy

Reaction score
hi hans, like walter, if you have any kolb tuners for my x-350, let me know. i'd love to have some as back-ups. thanks,larry

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
'old' Guild parts

Hi everybody,

Even though the subject of this thread was 'old Guild parts' I just want you all to know that the big load of parts I recently bought is mostly 'new' stuff.
Most of it is 'New Old Stock' but in some cases the parts are more than 20 years old. Some of it is 'brand new - looking' and some of it might be a little scuffed because it has been shuffled around in boxes or bags without much protection but it's mainly 'unused' stuff.
Some people asked for an 'old Guild Bigsby'. There are some Guild Bigsby units in the lot, but they don't look old. If you want an old looking one, you have to look somewhere else (but we all know how hard it is to find a Guild Bigsby).
I'll try to come up with a list very soon.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Grady Musick

Reaction score
Hans,

I would love to have one of the Black plastic mounting rings for the 3-way pickup selector.The one that mounts to the guitar with 3 screws.

A neck heel cap.

A Truss Rod cover

That should be all I need to complete my old Guild X-175

Thanks,

Jeff_L

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Hans,

I'm interested in a pair of gold pickup covers for my X-170 if you have any - the plating is worn off of mine and it detracts from the look of the instrument.

Thanks,

Jeff

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Jeff_L said:
I'm interested in a pair of gold pickup covers for my X-170 if you have any - the plating is worn off of mine and it detracts from the look of the instrument.

Hello Jeff_L,

Since the plating of your pickup covers has worn off I assume we're talking about an older X-170. If that's the case I have some covers for you. If we're talking about a Fender-era X-170, then I'm afraid I won't be able to help you out. If you're not sure about the date of your guitar, just give me the serial number and I will be able to tell you if I have the covers or not.

Sincerely,

Hans