1964 F-47

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild F-47

Hey refret,

You were really lucky (and quick) that day. That's a real nice find.

Congrats!

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
F-47 & F-30R

Hey refret,

Wouldn't mind seeing some better photos of both guitars!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
wow... F-47... what a sweet instrument... just the kind that normally would have sent me off to e-bay with charge card in hand... thank goodness I've regained my sens.... aw, man... not again!

x-180

GuildGuru

Reaction score
Congtrats Refret! I have a 1963 F-47 9.5/10 in my collection

:D Hey Refret,

Mine is exactly the same except 9.5/10 condition and has a pickguard with horses and horseshoes on it. Also the inside decal says F-47 Bluegrass ( for KY, Hans?). Sound and setup on mine are great!! Have used her in studio recordings and in singer/songwriter in round concerts.

Yours In Guild,

Jerre

refret

Reaction score
Cool! They are great fingerstyle guitars, I had a '66 a few years back that ultimately sold to fund a '71 F-50R....I really missed it. I will be starting a neck reset on the F-47 tonight, it's a little bit high on the action with 1/8 left on the saddle, I am somewhat anal that way. Guild CEO? I used to talk with Charlie a lot in the repair department when buying parts back then. Bummer about the Fender take over and subsequent send them to China deal. I have had a load of Martin and Gibson vintage guitars over the years, but keep on coming back to Guilds. The others were just investments, Guilds are my keepers along with a '31 National Triolian.

refret

Reaction score
Well, the neck reset is done, it is recovering peacefully...straight edge clears the bridge by 3/32 with no pressure. Fret job starts tomorrow, I found some old ivory blanks for the nut and saddle. I am going all out on this one......

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Ron, that '71 F-50R is no good. Let me take it off your hands. ;-)

refret

Reaction score
Too late, it went to cover the F-47 & F-30R.....as much as I wanted, I couldn't afford all three. A big Boo-Hoo on my end.....

refret

Reaction score
Update:
Neckset complete, ivory bridgepins with abalone dots, matching ivory endpin, ivory saddle and nut, new frets, oh my........THIS GUITAR RINGS!!!!
The F-30R is next......rosewood bridgeplate-ectomy, fret job, I expect a favorable result, it sounds nice already.....