Guild X-1770 Controls

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Lately I have been very interested in the triple pickup Guild model guitars and their controls. The models I am familiar with are the X375, Guild Custom Shop Starfire 4 with 3-P90's and a Bigsby and the variety of 3 PUP solid models like S70, Detonator, Liberator, Aviator and Setzer solid body Bluesbird.

The guitar that caught my attention is the X-1770 sohwn on p.65 of Hans book. This guitar has a Master control and 3-pickup controls. However, I am not sure what each knob controls. I can guess a variety of combinations but would like to the real setup.

Hans, I may have missed this info in your book. If not maybe you can help me out with the electronics arrangement.

TNX,
matsickma

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
matsickma said:
The guitar that caught my attention is the X-1770 sohwn on p.65 of Hans book. This guitar has a Master control and 3-pickup controls. However, I am not sure what each knob controls. I can guess a variety of combinations but would like to the real setup.

Hans, I may have missed this info in your book. If not maybe you can help me out with the electronics arrangement.

TNX,
matsickma

The only X-1770 I've ever seen (which is the one in the book) is wired like the first version of the Gibson ES-5 Switchmaster; so that is 3 individual 'volume' controls and a Master 'tone' control on the cutaway bout.

Hans Moust

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Hans,

Thanks for the info on the X-1770 wiring. I thought that may be the arrangement but wasn't sure.

Mike