GUILD PRICES... IN EUROPE...

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
hello everyone...

i'm kinda not very happy...
first of it's not cool that fender is forgetting about guilds because gretsches are more impotant to fmic...

but what i really really don't understand is the price policy!
in the new summer 2005 pricelist an X150 has a listprice of 2299$
any gretsch hollow body will have a listprice of 2500$ or more...

BUT when i take a look at the price gretsches and guilds are sold for in europe...
3000 euros for a guild
2400 euros for a gretsch

can anyone please tell FMIC about this??? :)

i mean... made in USA, lacquer finish on guilds... OK!
but they list less that the gretsches in the US, why are they more expensive in Europe????

also a lot of inexplainable things happen in a pure gretsch pricelist...
some models that are listed very expensive in the US pricelist turn out to be among the cheapest models in Europe...

what the hell is going on???????????

FZ

caveman

Reaction score
Hi Fernant (or is that Jonathan ?) ;)

I was thinking just the same. I don't know one store around that will take in electric guild archtops, unless someone orders it through their shop. Prices just aren't realistic, and Fender knows that. I guess they rather don't bother selling Guilds in Europe, and lets Gretsch fetch their money. Fender is a huge corporate company, that distributes a few nice products (let's face that as well), but I think they couldn't care less about the future of Guild. The catalog is also getting thinner every year, except for the mediocre acoustics from Korea. I told my opinions to the benelux representative for Guild (and all the other brands Fender ownes), and although he agreed and told me he would pass the idea around, I don't think much is going to change. Unless some new teenage idol would turn up with a cool guild ! So everybody, get that tape rollin' and make ourselves a hit record ! You won't believe at the number of guild in all colours shapes and sizes that could generate...

Hmmm, have to get it done before that hairline fades away !!!

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I agree there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of publicity for Guild, but I do remember that when Fender just took over there wàs. They must not have gotten their investment back or something?

If you buy vintage or secondhand, Guild prices aren't that bad at all in Europe.

Old Curmudgeon

Reaction score
FMIC policy is the same in the UK. My last two Guilds were imported new from the USA and even after tax, about 21%, they were still far cheaper than what you can buy them for over here. Also, most music stores still demand top prices even for old, shop-worn stock.

As for Gretsch, my 6120 - 1960 I bought from a UK supplier. Imported, there would not have been a great saving like with the Guilds.

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
In the US the Gretsch models are imported guitars so tax and shippingcosts are price-ingredients, Guilds are local products. In Europe the Gretsches are directly imported from Japan and the Guilds are imported from the US.