Guild FF5CE-NT - Background/Value?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to get some info on the Guild FF5CE-NT. I did the obligatory Google and eBay searches, and I wasn't finding a whole lot. The only thing I really know for sure is they were produced between 1993 and 1995. I'm guessing that "NT" represents "natural top" as opposed to the typical sunburst finish.

I've found one used that appears to be in very good condition. I just don't know what it's worth. Does anyone know the going rate for a used FF5CE-NT in good condition?

Dave

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: Guild F55CE-NT - Background/Value?

Dave said:
I'm trying to get some info on the Guild F55CE-NT. I did the obligatory Google and eBay searches, and I wasn't finding a whole lot. The only thing I really know for sure is they were produced between 1993 and 1995. I'm guessing that "NT" represents "natural top" as opposed to the typical sunburst finish. I've found one used that appears to be in very good condition. I just don't know what it's worth. Does anyone know the going rate for a used F55CE-NT in good condition?

Hello Dave,

As far as I know there's no such thing as a F55CE-NT and I'm very surprised that you found one. There was an F-45CE-NT and an F-65CE-NT at that time but no F-55CE-NT.
So, there's probably some misunderstanding or maybe we have an instrument with a label that's hard to read.
The only guitar I can think of that might be what you're talking about is the FF5-CE(NT), which was the deep-bodied version of the F5-CE(NT).

Of course there's always a chance that there is a guitar model out there that I do not know about, so if that's the case I would love to see a photo.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
As far as I know there's no such thing as a F55CE-NT....
Hans,

Of course, you are right. That was a typo on my part. It is an FF5CE-NT. I"ve changed the topic to reflect that.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave

Reaction score
john_kidder said:
I sold an FF5-CE (NT) for US$789 a couple of years ago.
Was there anything you didn't like about the guitar?

Dave

john_kidder

Reaction score
iI played easily, nice neck, and sounded pretty good, but it just didn't seem to ring the way I expect a Guild acoustic to sound, and the sustain (especially in the treble register) was limited. The intonation was off as well, but that was fixable.

That's about it - I've also owned the F-15CE mahogany version which was quite nifty but a bit of a thunk/chunk kind of a guitar (not much note separation), and the F-5CE thin-body rosewood, which was probably the best-sounding of the three.

I loved the 24-fret board and the high cutaway - 4 octaves actually available is very cool indeed.

All this from strictly amateur ears and fingers, mind you. Others with more expertise may want to chime in.

Cheers,
John

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Guild FF5CE

I used to own an FF5CE. I bought it in Syracuse in 1994 and the neck block was stamped 1993. I paid $1200.00 for it and then sold it to Drome Sound in Schenectady NY a few years later. I miss it horribly. It was the most playable guitar that I ever owned. Played like an an electric extremly fast action. If you still have it or know someone who does let me know. Richard