D-6 Question.

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
There is a D-6 at my local Guitar Center... I'm thinking that they want way too much for it. But I need more information. Is a D-6 more or less a D-4 with a flat back?

THis guitar is also on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/Guild-D6-Acoust...7340927538QQcategoryZ2385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The label inside clearly says D6 SB HG (Sunburst High Gloss)although the hang tag lists it as a D-65 which may explain why it is priced so high ($769 0n ebay and $830 on the hang tag)

Further lowering the value are three cracks along the grain in the spruce top which don't appear in the photos on ebay..

I'm thinking that $450 or less is about right for this guitar. Hey it plays real nice. and I love the neck.

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
D-6

I have checked that one out too. I have a natural finish d-6 and I like it real well. As far as the one you looked at, the crackes have been repaired and I don't like the way they varnished it. It has brush strokes from the top coat (clear), the repairs look ok, but the finish does appear unsightly if the light catches it right. I agree with you on the price but you may be on the high side. The problem is that they have way too much invested in it. It does play very well and sounds really good. If I liked it and wanted it even with the repairs then I would pay the price you state.
Brian. PS are you local to Monroeville?

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes I work in the Expomart and live in McKeesport. They have reduced the price for the D-6 to $599 - still too much for me. Plays nice - I can walk to the GC at lunch if I want.

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes I work in the Expomart and live in McKeesport. They have reduced the price for the D-6 to $599 - still too much for me. Plays nice - I can walk to the GC at lunch if I want.