Starfire 2

rogersguy

Reaction score
ok, here i go again. i have a shot at buying a very clean 63 starfire 2 with dearmonds in cherry. i think its a bit on the high side at $1800. do you guys think this is a bit much. also, would it be hard to add a bigsby to these guitars. thanks again,larry

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Starfire II

Hello Larry,

If the guitar is OK, I wouldn't think it would be too much for that version of a Starfire II. Of course I do not consider it cheap, but I still think it's reasonable compared to other 'vintage' guitars. Right now I'm just going after a good Starfire III and it will be about $ 2000.00. Obviously that one has the Bigsby already.
It's not a big deal to put a Bigsby on a Starfire II. Just finding the right Bigsby would be the hardest.

Hans

rogersguy

Reaction score
hans, thanks for the reply. i'm still not sure where i'm headed. i still would rather find a nice dearmond or franz guild with a bigsby already on. i'll let ya know what happens...if you know of a guitar :D ..............larry

billydlight

Reaction score
C'mon

We have to put our foot down here fellas!! I think $1800 for a Starfire II w/ DeArmonds is a bit on the high side. You can't price these things with a mindset that compared to other brands etc... this is how the whole market got so fouled up in the first place. If we refuse to pay more we can keep the prices low. I mean after all whose really buying Guilds besides us? We have the power!!! Guild players Unite to keep prices down :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OK rant officially over, sorry if flying spit got on anyone.
-B