a-150

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild A-150

Hello Mr.Tidy,

The Guild A-150 was the cheapest in the line of 17-inch full body acoustic arched top guitars. I've seen quite a few (and still have one) and they are a good alternative to the more expensive models from Gibson.

The model didn't come standard with a pickup but it could be ordered with a DeArmond Model 1000.
It looks a little rough in the photo and the price seems to be on the high side but it could be a really good instrument and remember there are not much alternatives when you're looking for an acoustic arched top from that particular period.

Good luck!

Hans Moust

jimbol51

Reaction score
A-150

If I was you I would call Fretted Americana up and ask for an in hand description of this guitar. This dealer is known to be on the very high side, and the price that he is asking frankly tells me that the guitar is somewhat beat. Jim

Mr.Tidy

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I passed on the a-150. Although it looks like a cool geeetar, I just bought an X-350.
Archtop acoustics still interest me though.
With mandolins, archtops are louder than flat tops, is the same true for guitars?

jimbol51

Reaction score
You are asking the wrong guy as I have a deep love affair with archtops! Just ask my wife! Seriously to me at least a nice acoustic archtop is at least as loud if not louder than a flat-top. On the other hand if you listen to any of the gypsy guitars they are loud as ----! I do have a 64 L7c which is VERY loud acoustically to the point where I rarely use the pickup. Jim

dklsplace

Reaction score
Re: A-150

jimbol51 said:
If I was you I would call Fretted Americana up and ask for an in hand description of this guitar. This dealer is known to be on the very high side, and the price that he is asking frankly tells me that the guitar is somewhat beat. Jim

I tried to deal with them on a SF III they had on consignment. Very friendly & helpful responses, great detailed pics, but not willing to budge on what was nearly a project guitar.