Guild F512

William63

Reaction score
I have a new Guild F512 being shipped to me this week. This will be my second one and I hated to part with the first one.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions: Being a big John Denver fan I noticed that his original F512 had different inlays than they do now. When did Guild change to the current inlays on the F512? And did the old inlays have a name? I have to say I like the current inlays much better.

Abalone

Reaction score
I think Hans Moust can answer that :) I just whant to congrat you on your new F512 :) Please post pics of the guitar!

William63

Reaction score
Abalone said:
I think Hans Moust can answer that :) I just whant to congrat you on your new F512 :) Please post pics of the guitar!

I did contact Hans via the Acoustic Guitar Forum. Indeed Guild made a F-612 model durring the early 1970s, but only for a short while and it was a custom order only. Too bad they still don't make it!

My guitar came yesterday and it is wonderful. I will post some pics shortly.

William63

Reaction score
Abalone said:
William63 said:

That is such a beautiful guitar! Am i being fooled by the picture, or is the guitar a bit smaller then a JF-55-12 ?

Thanks for posting the pic :D

I'm not sure of the dimensions of the JF55 12string, but I own a JF55 6-string and the dimensions of the body are the same. Both guitars are 17" at the lower bout. But what I was surprised to see was that the sound hole on the F-512 was much smaller than the JF55! I'm also over 6 feet tall so maby that's why the jumbo looks smaller on me? :)

Abalone

Reaction score