M75T Wow!

rocket88

Reaction score
Just got a Dearmond (Guild) I bought for $100. Have to say it's very much instrument for that money. Great guitar with wonderful Dearmond pickups.
Silversparkle. This have to be one of the most priceworthy guitars out there?

/Johnny SilverSparkle

dklsplace

Reaction score
$100 for an M75T??? :shock: That's a steal! I think they're still going between $350-$400 on ebay. Which pickups are on yours, 2k's or Goldtones?

rocket88

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
$100 for an M75T??? :shock: That's a steal! I think they're still going between $350-$400 on ebay. Which pickups are on yours, 2k's or Goldtones?

It's the 2K's and a bigsby. Bought it from a heavy metal guy who got it as part in a trade. Infact he had it for $100 in the add so I didn't bother working on the price :D

dklsplace

Reaction score
Smokin' deal my friend! A buddy of mine bought an M72 during the MF blowout & we couldn't believe the quality for the price. One of my local stores had an few M75's, 75/77T that I played every time I walked in the place...but they had too much into them before the blowout to let them go that cheap.

How 'bout the truss rod cover...blank, or does it say Guild?

rocket88

Reaction score
It says Guild (which I like) :D
Is there a difference between the blank and the guild?

About the same thing happened here. They where selling at appr $1000 when suddenly a chain like your GuitarCenter had a blowout selling them for $500. That ruined the secondhandvalue for many M75 owners.
If I'd known more I would have bought one for $350 too.
Great guitar. Cool brand, and guildmarked.

Johnny

dklsplace

Reaction score
rocket88 said:
It says Guild (which I like) :D
Is there a difference between the blank and the guild?

The one's with the "Guild" truss rod covers were the first production guitars. These are highly regarded to be the best quality of all the DeArmond run. Seems I also heard the headstock shape changed slightly (smaller), but don't quote me on that one.

rocket88

Reaction score
The one's with the "Guild" truss rod covers were the first production guitars. These are highly regarded to be the best quality of all the DeArmond run. Seems I also heard the headstock shape changed slightly (smaller), but don't quote me on that one.

I guess that makes it even a better deal :)
Thanx for the info. I will play it this weekend see how it works.

JV