Got Myself A Guild X-180 Park Ave.

Reaction score
:D Well, I did it again & still only have 2 arms!! I found a nice looking X-180 on Ebay & took the plunge. I didn't go to work Monday, but it came & the guys said the boxing looked good. Can't wait to get it today.

This will go w/ my X-500, X160 Rockabilly, CE 100DP, & X-170T as far as my nice Guild archtops, not to forget the BB's & my Blues P-90, SFIV, SFIV 12 & Guild accoustics. I need to post a list & some pics when I get around to it. I am Jake The Loafer, the world's best procrastinator!

Here is a link if it works;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7357202146

Peace,
Jake 8)

Reaction score
:D Got it yesterday. Came in w/o any problems. I can't find anyting or marks on it. It looks good. Has a so-so flamey top, not as much as my X170T, but still very nice. I played her last night unplugged for about 30 mins or so & she sounds good & plays great & smooth. The strings are still in decent shape. Anyone know what comes w/ red little wraps near the ball? They feel & look like flats to me. I'll plug in later.

The guy I bought it from had a ebony (I think) pickquard made & also sent the original plastic. It has grown on me for the short while I've had her. Plain but nice wood. I may keep it on for awhile. You can probbaly se it some in the above link. Dumb me didn't notice it in the pics until I'd bought it! Also ther was a truss rod tool which I have never gotten w/ any of my Guilds. I do not know if this was standard or he bought it. It is open on one end & appears to have a end for a screw.

Peace,
Jake 8)

dklsplace

Reaction score
Anyone know what comes w/ red little wraps near the ball? They feel & look like flats to me.

Thomastik Infeld...probably more than just that brand, but that's the first that comes to mind.

Since the guard in the pic is typical Guild shaped, I wouldn't have picked it out as non-original. Minus the Guild logo, I probably would assume it was just something they were doing different in Corona.

Congrats on the new baby! 8)