Guild Classicals...

gretschbigsby

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a classical guitar, and I know that Guild made the Mark series. Correct me if I'm wrong: Mark I (all mahogany), Mark II (mahogany b/s, spruce top), Mark III (fancier version of the Mark II), Mark IV (Pearwood b/s) and Mark V (Rosewood b/s).

How are these guitars? I'd be looking for one in rosewood...

Bob

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a Mark II and a Pearwood Mark IV I play the Mark IV at least once a week. The rich tone always makes me my ears smile and it makes me stretch my fingers. I daily play a Starfire III and a G-37, but the classical is a nice change. The only other classical I have played is a old Yamaha that was my first guitar in 1969... The Yamaha is the guitar from hell... bad tuners - horrible action - just not fun to play. Just the opposite of the Guilds.

There is an A-50 on Ebay.

gretschbigsby

Reaction score
Though an A-50 archtop would fit nicely into my collection! I was planning on bidding on it, if it doesn't get out of control!

Bob

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
try the pearwood classicals. Much cheaper than hosewood, andou may be pleasantly surprised, especially if you don't like pearwood dreads.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
try the pearwood classicals. Much cheaper than hosewood, andou may be pleasantly surprised, especially if you don't like pearwood dreads.