Home from Nashville

dklsplace

Reaction score
Well we made it! Thanks to everyone that sent emails with places to see & things to do in Nashville.

Not nearly long enough, but a great trip none the less. Heard a lot of great live music, ate too much good food ('cept one) & met some nice folks. The " 'cept one" restaurant would be The Aquarium at Opry Mills. It's a pretty cool place to visit, but the food was borderline lousy. Before tasting anything, I thought the prices were a bit steep. After dinner, I would say ridiculous :? but the service was good & the atmosphere relaxing.

Also happened to be the Music City Christmas Guitar Show on saturday, which I wasn't aware of until reading the local paper. Guildguy Jay Pilzer was there along with George Gruhn. Had a very nice conversation with Jay & got to play a fine assortment of Guild acoustics & electrics. A visit to Gruhn's downtown also brought some moments in the sun with a few great Guilds. Also in the nice folks/nice conversations category has to be a phone conversation with another forum member, Jerre Haskew. Thought we were going to cross paths while there, but the timing just didn't quite work out. I'll definitely be back!

Speaking strictly GAS...the highlight of my trip actually came with a side trip in Louisville, Kentucky on the way down. At Hans recommendation, I went to visit the guys at Guitar Emporium. Walked out with a '71 M-75! Needs a little TLC, but I'm very happy with it!!!

Oh yeah...& the best part of the trip was the fact that my wife was with me in all these guitar shops with a smile on her face 8) telling me to "go for it" as I was contemplating the Bluesbird.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Walter Broes said:
Congrats on the Bluesbird Don! Pictures, we need pictures!!!

First pics hot off the cheap digital

M75fullfront2.jpg

M75front1.jpg

M75frontangle.jpg

Does she have a sister?
2-both married. It's no utopia yet...but getting better.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
M-75

Walter Broes said:
Looks very cool in black! Is that a solidbody one? How does it sound/play?

No, the solid body wouldn't have the 'harp' tailpiece!

Cheers! Hans

dklsplace

Reaction score
Right...harp tailpiece = hollowbody.

I can see how they came up with the Bluesbird name for these. Sounds great except for the scratchy pots. It's been sitting for awhile. As far as how it plays...I'll tell you after the previously mentioned TLC...which in this case means neck reset.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oops - didn't realise that, I sort of assumed the hollow ones ended around the same time as the small humbuckers. Very cool that it's a hollow one though!

Neck reset eh...? I'd be very tempted to have a little more angle put on that neck than stock so a Bigsby B3 would work.

dklsplace

Reaction score
Walter Broes said:
I'd be very tempted to have a little more angle put on that neck than stock so a Bigsby B3 would work.

I just happen to have a B3 in stock :twisted:

As badly as I want to dive into this, I have to put it aside & be diligent in finishing off 2 other projects first. :cry:

RAO

Reaction score
Wow! Congrats on that one.
It looks great!

dklsplace

Reaction score
Phew....just got the neck off today! Ended up having to build a new jig, but it worked like a charm. Having the neck off reveals a bit more binding separation than I originally thought, but it looks pretty clean & easily repaired.

YaHoooo!!! 8)

dklsplace

Reaction score
She's back together!!!!!

Plenty of angle for a Bigsby Walter but I'm not going there just yet.

8)

dklsplace

Reaction score
She's back together!!!!!

Plenty of angle for a Bigsby Walter but I'm not going there just yet.

8)