Any F50 Lovers?

Gasman

Reaction score
I have been thinking of picking up one of these Jumbo's recently. Any pro's and con's would be appreciated- Thank you-Gasman
Hey Don!--Its good to be back!

Gasman

Reaction score

I'll Come on -- There must be someone out their? This is one of the last great Guild Forums. Gasman :D

dklsplace

Reaction score
Hi Ken! Good to see you around again. Seems there have been one or two threads with some good F 50 discussion recently.

Christmas & major holidays have always been slow times around the forums. There are some days my schedule keeps me busy enough I only have time to pop in & make sure the board hasn't imploded. :p

Reaction score
F-50, D-50

A good freind of mine has an F-50 from '88. (I have an '89 D-50 that I will soon be posting on ebay if anyone is interested.) It was tough to fully judge it since the action was very high and the strings were dead. He hadn't played it in so long that I offered to take it into my luthier for a set-up. I am picking it up today and am looking forward to spending a little time with it and compare it to the Martin HD28 and D-50. The F-50 is in fantastic shape. I'll re-post feedback on it later. :wink:

Cheers!

Gasman

Reaction score

Sounds Great D - I will be waiting to hear what you think. Thanks Gasman

Gasman

Reaction score

Well I couldn't wait any longer - I picked up my Buddy Holly special yesterday. It a keeper and Carona made. --Gasman
DSCF0002.jpg

Reaction score
Nice purchase!

Sorry for not posting earlier...I didn't pick up the guitar until late Wed. and only had a chance to play it for 5 minutes at the shop...dropped if off at my neighbor's house directly. Sound is beautiful though, eh? Very full, rich, BIG. Nice guitar! Congrats!!!

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
There was a beautiful old maple F50 on ebay a while back, but the serial numbers were filed off. I wouldn't give 50 bucks for any guitar with the serial numbers ground off. What a bad vibe knowing some guy (or Bonnie Raitt, but I repeat myself) had his guitar ripped off, and your money went into the chain of exchange leading back to the theif. If nobody bought hot guitars, fewer of us would have them ripped off. Or am I nuts?

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
There was a beautiful old maple F50 on ebay a while back, but the serial numbers were filed off. I wouldn't give 50 bucks for any guitar with the serial numbers ground off. What a bad vibe knowing some guy (or Bonnie Raitt, but I repeat myself) had his guitar ripped off, and your money went into the chain of exchange leading back to the theif. If nobody bought hot guitars, fewer of us would have them ripped off. Or am I nuts?