Guild GF55-NT

Darron

Reaction score
Ive stumbled upon one of these for sale & it played so so nice. But information on them is really hard to find, I was wondering how much they are really worth ? Its in top condition, with one owner. Any ideas ? (Oh, and if anyone has an M20 for sale i'd love to hear from you :)

Thanks.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild GF-55 NT

Hello Darron,

Congratulations with your 'new' Guild.
It's relatively rare and one of the GF-models that was introduced in 1989 when some of the Gruhn-designed models with their typical ornamentation were discontinued.
So basically, it has the shape of a Gruhn-designed GF model but with the traditional Guild trimmings. In this case the trimmings are similar to an F-50R or a D-55.
The tortoise style pickguard would be the exception but Guild never was very strict with the use of it's trimmings.

The model was discontinued during 1993 with a total of 166 instruments made.

Hope this helps some!

Hans

Darron

Reaction score
Thanks Hans, I haven't purchased it yet, i'd just like to find out how much they are worth. (not being very rich n' all) Do you know approx value of this guitar ?

Thanks again.

Bluelizzard

Reaction score
Its kind of funny you posted this question as I just bought one of these 2 days ago. I paid $750 for it in mint condition but I think I got a really good deal. I would think somewhere around $1000 is what one is worth in excellent shape. I have owned quite a few Guild acoustics and although I generally prefer models from the 60's as I find them much lighter and woody sounding, I am very impressed with this beauty.
gf552.jpg

dklsplace

Reaction score
Bluelizzard said:
Its kind of funny you posted this question as I just bought one of these 2 days ago. I paid $750 for it in mint condition

That was you? This was the one on ebay with the $750 BIN right? Man...I hate trying to be reasonable, saying to myself, "sleep on it, if it's there in the morning it's yours" :roll:

john_kidder

Reaction score
If that plays like my GF-60R (as Hans says, same guitar, just different decoration) then you have a steal for $750.

Best production acoustic guitar I've played.

John Kidder

Bluelizzard

Reaction score
Yes, thats the one. I've only had the guitar for a few days, but so far I'm extremely impressed. I usually prefer a mahogany body over rosewood but the sustain and balance on this guitar is superb. Also the playability is first rate.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
GF-55

dklsplace said:
Is that one arched, or flat backed?

The GF-55 is a flat backed guitar. Eh ....... well, as flat as they come!

Cheers!

Hans

Darron

Reaction score
Thanks Bluelizzard & congrats, that seems a really good deal. They want $1500 USD here, but, in NZ guitars like this are hard to come across. Ive alos been looking for a mohogany guitar, but the tone & playability of this really impressed me.

Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have one and LOVE it. I think it is the ulimate solo guitar, but holds up well with a band too.

I'm glad to see some info on GF-55's. The one I have is the only one I've ever seen. Buy it. Then there will be two of us with them.

Serial # GF550056.

I posted a pic of it with its older uncle in my "new kid on the block" thread.

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have one and LOVE it. I think it is the ulimate solo guitar, but holds up well with a band too.

I'm glad to see some info on GF-55's. The one I have is the only one I've ever seen. Buy it. Then there will be two of us with them.

Serial # GF550056.

I posted a pic of it with its older uncle in my "new kid on the block" thread.