Lefty Starfire IV needed.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello from New Zealand, and a happy new year to you all. I am wondering if any members have a lefty Starfire IV they would like to sell. Colour is immaterial, but would prefer a pre-Fender guitar. I am enquiring on behalf of my wife's nephew who fell in love with my (right-handed) Bluesbird and began thinking "Guild", which of course is an entirely sensible thing to do. The silly bugger failed to bid on an '80 SF IV on Ebay recently - it sold for US $1000 !!!!! That sure did tear his nightie !!!

Jim W

Reaction score
Hey, Gary!

Sorry about the Starfire :wink: , but my wife says to tell your wife's nephew to keep looking! The guitar plays like a dream, and was worth every penny. I only wish I had seen it first time around, but there was no mention of it being lefty in the description! Frequent Flyer snuck under the wire with the 1K bid, but he didn't care for the sound.

Best of luck on the next one that pops up!

Jim W

Reaction score
Hey, Gary!

Sorry about the Starfire :wink: , but my wife says to tell your wife's nephew to keep looking! The guitar plays like a dream, and was worth every penny. I only wish I had seen it first time around, but there was no mention of it being lefty in the description! Frequent Flyer snuck under the wire with the 1K bid, but he didn't care for the sound.

Best of luck on the next one that pops up!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
lefthanded Starfire 4

coastie99 said:
PLEASE !! Help my nephew, he's starting to palpitate and mutter nonsense about Fenders !!

Hi coastie99,

Would love to help your nephew since I do have a lefthanded Starfire 4, but it's priced for the European market, meaning I have already payed shipping and customs on it which brings the selling price to the equivalent of US$1500.00.
It's a mid-'70s model in Sunburst. It's in beautiful condition and it includes the original hardshell case. I could post some photos if you're interested though!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

What are your laws for customs and taxes and tolls etc? I tried to sell a pedal steel to a guy in Sweden, but for him to import a $1,000 instrument, I think he'd have to pay about $500 in various taxes.

dh

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The Gummint revenue nazis hold their hands out for 12 1/2% of the purchase price, including freight costs. Not a good time for buying at the moment here - the NZ Dollar has sucked the kumara. There's an expression the P.G. biography reviewer would love !!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
customs & taxes

coastie99 said:
The Gummint revenue nazis hold their hands out for 12 1/2% of the purchase price, including freight costs. Not a good time for buying at the moment here - the NZ Dollar has sucked the kumara. There's an expression the P.G. biography reviewer would love !!

You guys in N.Z. are much better off than we, since we have to pay 6% Import tax and an additional 19 % added value tax on top of the purchase price and that includes part of the shipping as well.
Now we do get a lot back for all that tax money but it still hurts!

Hans