F212 saddle

jagfolks

Reaction score
I've had what I believe is a F212 for the past 15 years or so that came with a pickup installed. I haven't played it in years and I just took all of the strings off to replace the pickup batteries and found that the saddle was in two pieces. I know that this must sound dumb but it this the way they were built or has it broken? Thanks, Bob

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
jagfolks said:
I've had what I believe is a F212 for the past 15 years or so that came with a pickup installed. I haven't played it in years and I just took all of the strings off to replace the pickup batteries and found that the saddle was in two pieces. I know that this must sound dumb but it this the way they were built or has it broken? Thanks, Bob

Hello Bob,

Obviously I cannot tell you from here whether it is broken or not, but if it's a clean straight cut, I would think that you got it that way. This was often done to get a better 'electric output balance between the strings' and even though I do not really believe in that solution, it would sometimes improve the balance when there was not a proper 'bridge slot/transducer/saddle' fit to begin with.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

jagfolks

Reaction score
Thanks Hans,
Yes it is a clean cut so you're most likely right. I'm going to lend the guitar to the fellow that leads the music at our church and I just wanted to make sure that everything was correct before I give it to him. I'd never had all of the strings off at the same time before and was surprised when I found that it was in two pieces. I just discovered this web site last night and I'm delighted at the results of my first post!!
Thanks again,
Bob Stevenson Plymouth,Michigan