I need a case for a DE 500

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Happy New Year! I'm new to this forum - lotsa good stuff. Well I know this is a shot in the dark but if anybody can point me in the direction of a hardshell case (not a basket case) for my '63 Duane Eddy 500 I'd be much obliged. Of course I'd prefer a period-correct case but I'd consider
almost anything at this point. She's currently residing in a very beat old alligator case that's about an inch too deep.
Thanks,
-Jim

Clem

Reaction score
rockindaddy - My original 1962 DE-500 case is ths same exact case as my '64 Gretsch 6122 case. Maybe a case for the reissue 6122 would fit your DE-500. I've not paid close enough attention to the 6122 reissues to know that the size specs are exactly the same as the original ones so I can't say for sure it will fit. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Clem

Reaction score
rockindaddy - My original 1962 DE-500 case is ths same exact case as my '64 Gretsch 6122 case. Maybe a case for the reissue 6122 would fit your DE-500. I've not paid close enough attention to the 6122 reissues to know that the size specs are exactly the same as the original ones so I can't say for sure it will fit. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Hi Clem,
Thanks for the advice. That had actually occurred to me - in fact, I'm a little upset with myself since I dropped the ball on a vintage Country Gentleman case on eBay last week. I watched it for a week but spazzed and forgot to check it at the end - probably eating dinner or something silly like that. Went for a very reasonable price, too.
Peace,
-Jim

Reaction score
Hi Clem,
Thanks for the advice. That had actually occurred to me - in fact, I'm a little upset with myself since I dropped the ball on a vintage Country Gentleman case on eBay last week. I watched it for a week but spazzed and forgot to check it at the end - probably eating dinner or something silly like that. Went for a very reasonable price, too.
Peace,
-Jim

dklsplace

Reaction score
rockindaddy said:
Of course I'd prefer a period-correct case but I'd consider almost anything at this point.

In the "almost anything" category...go to The String Collector & tell him what you have. Rich is in Kalamazoo & is in Heritage regularly. He has access to their shop worn cases & can get you a pretty good deal.

Heck of a nice guy! Tell him I sent you.

Don

dklsplace

Reaction score
rockindaddy said:
Of course I'd prefer a period-correct case but I'd consider almost anything at this point.

In the "almost anything" category...go to The String Collector & tell him what you have. Rich is in Kalamazoo & is in Heritage regularly. He has access to their shop worn cases & can get you a pretty good deal.

Heck of a nice guy! Tell him I sent you.

Don