Source for DV-52 saddle and pins

Reaction score
Hello All
I am a new to this forum...after wandering aimlessly through many a acoustic forum, searching for fellow lovers of Guild guitars. Actually, other forums are great and their members are wonderful...they just don't get the GUILD thing yet! :twisted:

Anyway, I just took delviery of a '96 DV-52 which has a homemade-looking bone saddle that doesn't fit well into the saddle slot. Any good sources for replacement saddles, of any type, without having to go custom made? I would also love to upgrade the plastic pins as well.

Thanks in advance for any tips or leads.
Steve

dklsplace

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Steve! You'll have to have some "custom" work done on a new saddle regardless. Do you have a trusted shop near you?

I have plenty of bone saddle & nut blanks on hand, as well as bridge pins.

Reaction score
Ordering-Bone Saddle and Pins for DV-52

Thanks for the welcome and the tip.

I could Paypal you for a set of bone pins and saddle. I do have a local tech that can take care of the rest. PM me with cost details.

Thanks Steve

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Steve, hi from New Zealand. An extremely worthwhile mod is the fitment of Fossil Walrus Ivory nut / saddle / bridgepins. Expensive, but the tonal/sustain improvements well and truly justify the cost IMO. Kind regards, Gary.