A couple of "Guild action pics" from last Sunday

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
Here are a couple of pics of a band I'm in called "Clark and the Aces". They're of a show we played this last Sunday in my hometown of Antwerp, Belgium - that's me on the left with my '60 X175, and Clark on my right with his 80-something D50.

54638140.jpg

54638137.jpg

There are four pages of pics of this gig HERE!

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
Here are a couple of pics of a band I'm in called "Clark and the Aces". They're of a show we played this last Sunday in my hometown of Antwerp, Belgium - that's me on the left with my '60 X175, and Clark on my right with his 80-something D50.

54638140.jpg

54638137.jpg

There are four pages of pics of this gig HERE!

caveman

Reaction score
That must be the 'Crossroads', no ? I had the pleasure to play there too one time. Didn't know you were in a new project, what direction is it in ? More country ? I'll definitely try to see you in the future. Nice pics too, it's a soulfull place and the sunday afternoon sessions are classic !

caveman

Reaction score
That must be the 'Crossroads', no ? I had the pleasure to play there too one time. Didn't know you were in a new project, what direction is it in ? More country ? I'll definitely try to see you in the future. Nice pics too, it's a soulfull place and the sunday afternoon sessions are classic !

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Caveman, yep, the Crossroads indeed. It is a fun place to play!

Not a new project, we've been doing this for a couple of years, but we don't play all that often, and it's not that serious. Not country, but straight 50's styled rockabilly with a little bit of Johnny Horton Honky-Tonk thrown in, and just covers for now. Lots of "classics" too, "SuzyQ", "Right behind you baby", "Breakup", "Move it" "Love my baby" "Comin' home", Etc...
There are a couple of clips to download at the twinstreet bookings site if you want to hear it.

It's a lot of fun for me to not have to sing lead and just concentrate on guitar, and rockabilly's such a fun style to play, I get to fingerpick a bit, etc..

I do plan to write a bit for this band and do a record this year hopefully, having a lot of fun with this.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Caveman, yep, the Crossroads indeed. It is a fun place to play!

Not a new project, we've been doing this for a couple of years, but we don't play all that often, and it's not that serious. Not country, but straight 50's styled rockabilly with a little bit of Johnny Horton Honky-Tonk thrown in, and just covers for now. Lots of "classics" too, "SuzyQ", "Right behind you baby", "Breakup", "Move it" "Love my baby" "Comin' home", Etc...
There are a couple of clips to download at the twinstreet bookings site if you want to hear it.

It's a lot of fun for me to not have to sing lead and just concentrate on guitar, and rockabilly's such a fun style to play, I get to fingerpick a bit, etc..

I do plan to write a bit for this band and do a record this year hopefully, having a lot of fun with this.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow, zombie thread! I don't even have that guitar any more, and the band doesn't exist any more either! No idea on the duplicate posts.

Sal

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't around here in '06 so it's still cool to see Walter in action. Cheers!

smellygoatboy

Reaction score
Exactly Sal. Great photos need to be shown again and again. Cheers sgb.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
those are awesome pics. looks like a fun sound. my D50 looks just like Clark's. thanks for sharing.