Nightbirds

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Would be great to link-up with other Nightbird owners. I am the original owner of a 1985 Nightbird. Amber finish. Two Seymour-Duncan HBs. One tone knob, one volume. Three way switch for pick-up. (The later models have coil-splitters, etc). The serial number is BL100026.

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Would be great to link-up with other Nightbird owners. I am the original owner of a 1985 Nightbird. Amber finish. Two Seymour-Duncan HBs. One tone knob, one volume. Three way switch for pick-up. (The later models have coil-splitters, etc). The serial number is BL100026.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nightbird said:

Hello Roger,

There are several people around here that have Nightbirds. I have a few as well. The ones with the Seymour Duncans are kind of rare.
Maybe you could post a photo of yours?

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nightbird said:

Hello Roger,

There are several people around here that have Nightbirds. I have a few as well. The ones with the Seymour Duncans are kind of rare.
Maybe you could post a photo of yours?

Hans Moust

john_kidder

Reaction score
Nightbirds et al

I lent my M-20, X-4?? and GF-60R to a bunch of fine players who are doing a record with an old friend - when Lindsay returned the guitars, he brought in his NIghtbird (Seymour Duncans as well).

What a sweetheart of a guitar. I'm on the lookout now.

John Kidder

john_kidder

Reaction score
Nightbirds et al

I lent my M-20, X-4?? and GF-60R to a bunch of fine players who are doing a record with an old friend - when Lindsay returned the guitars, he brought in his NIghtbird (Seymour Duncans as well).

What a sweetheart of a guitar. I'm on the lookout now.

John Kidder

john_kidder

Reaction score
Did it.

OK, I pulled the trigger. Lousy pictures, no questions asked (didn't really want to wake anyone up), just a late snipe that won. Guuullllp!!

A Nightbird At Last

Some small blemishes, which I trust my dear friend luthier Paul Iverson will disappear for me. Otherwise, from the dim photos, looks OK.

I have to wait nearly a month for my daughter to bring it home from the UK - I'll keep y'all posted when it gets here.

Be still my beating heart.
[img:531:800]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/john_kidder/1990%20Guild%20Nightbird/fullfront.jpg[/img]

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
John,

Nice figure on the top !!! and the Fretmarkers !!! Are the fretmarkers similar to your GF 60 ?

When I saw the closing price I thought , well, no wonder you bought it, then I noticed it was GBP. :roll:

john_kidder

Reaction score
Fretmarkers exactly the same as the GF-60R. It's a Gruhn Guild, after all. Well, post-Gruhn's actual presence at the company, but his design.

And yes, the price is in GBP, but still, not so bad (he says hopefully).

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi John,

Excellent snipe and beautiful guitar! At that price even with international shipping it is a outstanding bargan. Great looking Maple top. A few years ago I owned a Spruce top model. Beautiful guitars! Interestingly they are noticably heavier that a Bluesbird.

Mike

dklsplace

Reaction score
At that price even with international shipping it is a outstanding bargan

My thoughts exactly! A Nightbird for under $900? Wow!

john_kidder

Reaction score
Mr. P ~ said:
I like that new avatar John!! 8)
Thanks P~. That's the headstock from the GF-60R.

matsickma said:
At that price even with international shipping it is a outstanding bargan.
Mike - and the best part is that I don't even have to pay the shipping - my daughter will bring it with her when she comes home for Christmas, from Norway via London. There is just a bit of false economy here - I am paying substantially more to "ship" her, of course, but I was in for that anyway. All I have to do is to remember to be more excited about her arrival than the guitar's.

All: when I told my wife this morning about the positive feedback I was getting from fellow LTGers, she just said "Well, of course. You're all addicts, co-dependents and enablers together in a happy little group." Now, she said it laughing, but there have been times . . .

There's been a bit of a discussion about the potential for recovery from GAS over on JF-55 Half Price Sale. 12-step programs and all. I do hope that if we gather together for mutual support in withdrawal, with weeping testimonials and all, that we at least each get to bring a couple of guitars and have a sort of "Sinner's Swap Meet".

I'll keep you all posted when the Nightbird arrives. 25 days to wait.

guildzilla

Reaction score
I've got the 1987 Guild promo flyer for the Nightbird series, and it shows both the spruce top Nightbird I and maple top Nightbird II. Both look fabulous. I think the slotted diamond fretboard inlays on ebony on this neck is Guild's prettiest ever.

The maple version is featured in an 8x11 pic with black EMG's. This is my all-time favorite Guild solid or semisolid guitar. Sure would rather have the guitar than the pictures.

#1 on my wish list.