D-55 in Video

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Since everyone is talking about Guild sightings, here is one for you.

Gretchen Wilson has a song out called, "I don't feel like loving you today". She has a video from the CMA awards and a standard studio video. In both video's her lead player (looks like festus from the Adams Family) is playing a Sunburst D-55. Looks and sounds great!!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Since everyone is talking about Guild sightings, here is one for you.

Gretchen Wilson has a song out called, "I don't feel like loving you today". She has a video from the CMA awards and a standard studio video. In both video's her lead player (looks like festus from the Adams Family) is playing a Sunburst D-55. Looks and sounds great!!

chetmz

Reaction score
For all us 'fossils', I'd like to respectfully offer a point of trivia clarification.

Festus (Ken Curtis) was on Gunsmoke. He follwed Chester (Dennis Weaver) as Marshall Dillon's sidekick.

Uncle Fester (Jackie Coogin) was the odd little bald guy on Adams Family.

As far as I know, neither was much of a guitar player!! However, Uncle Fester could conduct electricity so maybe he should have plugged in and played the "Monster Mash" on a Starfire 3!!

chetmz

Reaction score
For all us 'fossils', I'd like to respectfully offer a point of trivia clarification.

Festus (Ken Curtis) was on Gunsmoke. He follwed Chester (Dennis Weaver) as Marshall Dillon's sidekick.

Uncle Fester (Jackie Coogin) was the odd little bald guy on Adams Family.

As far as I know, neither was much of a guitar player!! However, Uncle Fester could conduct electricity so maybe he should have plugged in and played the "Monster Mash" on a Starfire 3!!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
LMAO.....

Thanks for setting me straight on that point. In fact, I was speaking of Uncle Fester.

I think I could get into Monster Mash on a Guild!!
:wink:

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
LMAO.....

Thanks for setting me straight on that point. In fact, I was speaking of Uncle Fester.

I think I could get into Monster Mash on a Guild!!
:wink:

chetmz

Reaction score
Ok, West R Lee

Two music trivia quesitons,

Here's an easy one, What Buffalo Springfield song is part of one of the tracks on the CSN&Y album Deja Vu

Second question, What band did Mick Abrams form after he left Jethro Tull and what was the name of their first album?

chetmz

Reaction score
Ok, West R Lee

Two music trivia quesitons,

Here's an easy one, What Buffalo Springfield song is part of one of the tracks on the CSN&Y album Deja Vu

Second question, What band did Mick Abrams form after he left Jethro Tull and what was the name of their first album?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ok Chet,

I'm going to take a stab at this one since I'm such a CSNY fan....even play a little of their old stuff...........didn't even look on the internet.............is it "4 days gone"....just before "Woodstock? And on the Jethro Tull question.......Ian Anderson is the only member I remember. I did see them once in Dallas..........man what a show. That was back in the 70's and all I really remember was how great a musician Ian Anderson was.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ok Chet,

I'm going to take a stab at this one since I'm such a CSNY fan....even play a little of their old stuff...........didn't even look on the internet.............is it "4 days gone"....just before "Woodstock? And on the Jethro Tull question.......Ian Anderson is the only member I remember. I did see them once in Dallas..........man what a show. That was back in the 70's and all I really remember was how great a musician Ian Anderson was.

chetmz

Reaction score
Not quite right my fine Guild loving friend.

The second half of Carry On is actually Questions by BS.

Mick Abrams, who's guitar tone I always loved, played on the first album "This Was' and left to form the band Blodwyn Pig. Their first album was "A Head Rings Out". My band in High School, One Nation Underground (gotta love the 60's) played their song See My Way.

Great old stuff. Fond fading memories.

chetmz

Reaction score
Not quite right my fine Guild loving friend.

The second half of Carry On is actually Questions by BS.

Mick Abrams, who's guitar tone I always loved, played on the first album "This Was' and left to form the band Blodwyn Pig. Their first album was "A Head Rings Out". My band in High School, One Nation Underground (gotta love the 60's) played their song See My Way.

Great old stuff. Fond fading memories.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
You learn something everyday. So I guess some of us old guys should know quite a bit by now.

Funny how your taste in music changes through the years, or should I say grows. It just seems like there was so much talent, thought and imagination that went into old music like that. I just have a hard time getting into rap these days! :roll:

Thanks for the insight.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
You learn something everyday. So I guess some of us old guys should know quite a bit by now.

Funny how your taste in music changes through the years, or should I say grows. It just seems like there was so much talent, thought and imagination that went into old music like that. I just have a hard time getting into rap these days! :roll:

Thanks for the insight.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
chetmz said:

I got caught by Tull's second album Stand Up. I dearly loved A "New Day Yesterday" and the classical piece "Bourree". I never heard much after "Thick as a Brick", but man what talent.

Here is a question for you
chetmz, what band from England was a regular requested performer for the queen and performed these two songs on their 5th album: "One Misty Moisty Morning", and "Cam Ye O’er Frae France"?

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
chetmz said:

I got caught by Tull's second album Stand Up. I dearly loved A "New Day Yesterday" and the classical piece "Bourree". I never heard much after "Thick as a Brick", but man what talent.

Here is a question for you
chetmz, what band from England was a regular requested performer for the queen and performed these two songs on their 5th album: "One Misty Moisty Morning", and "Cam Ye O’er Frae France"?

chetmz

Reaction score
I have to admit I was never a fan of the British bands who's influences were primarily folk artists. I was almost strictly itnto British blues based bands and artists: early Yardbirds, Peter Green/Fleetwood Mack, Rory Gallagher/Taste, John Mayall and of course the "Big 3" Clapton, Beck and Jimmy Paige (only the first Led Zepplin album).

Having said all of that Mr. P you've got me. My only guesses would be Faiport Convention or Steele Eye Span.

chetmz

Reaction score
I have to admit I was never a fan of the British bands who's influences were primarily folk artists. I was almost strictly itnto British blues based bands and artists: early Yardbirds, Peter Green/Fleetwood Mack, Rory Gallagher/Taste, John Mayall and of course the "Big 3" Clapton, Beck and Jimmy Paige (only the first Led Zepplin album).

Having said all of that Mr. P you've got me. My only guesses would be Faiport Convention or Steele Eye Span.