63 64 starfire Vs and VIs

Fandodge

Reaction score
Does anyone, know how many starfire Vs and VIs were made in 63/64? I have never seen a 63 and only a couple of 64s.

Fandodge

Reaction score
Does anyone, know how many starfire Vs and VIs were made in 63/64? I have never seen a 63 and only a couple of 64s.

Fandodge

Reaction score
Walter, did your 64 IV have the gibson style headstock, or the current ones we see today?

Fandodge

Reaction score
Walter, did your 64 IV have the gibson style headstock, or the current ones we see today?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Fandodge said:

Hello Fandodge,

Do not know how many Starfire Vs and VIs were made in '63 and '64. I could do a hand-count in my files but that would be rather time consuming.
I don't think there are a lot of models from 1963. The oldest ones in my database are close to the # 28600-series and that was almost at the end of 1963. The newer (center-raised) headstock was already in use at the time but not on all models. The oldest double cutaway (Starfire style) guitars that I've seen were Bert Weedon Models and those were made for the UK market. Some of those had the Gibson'esque headstock.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Fandodge said:

Hello Fandodge,

Do not know how many Starfire Vs and VIs were made in '63 and '64. I could do a hand-count in my files but that would be rather time consuming.
I don't think there are a lot of models from 1963. The oldest ones in my database are close to the # 28600-series and that was almost at the end of 1963. The newer (center-raised) headstock was already in use at the time but not on all models. The oldest double cutaway (Starfire style) guitars that I've seen were Bert Weedon Models and those were made for the UK market. Some of those had the Gibson'esque headstock.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Fandodge

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Hans and walter, it is what i suspected for awhile, that there were very few made in 63, I have searched in vain, for a first year starfire V or VI for a few years now.

Fandodge

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Hans and walter, it is what i suspected for awhile, that there were very few made in 63, I have searched in vain, for a first year starfire V or VI for a few years now.