Introduction (another new kid...)

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

** waves to Lonesome Picker **

I'm awfully glad to have found you folks. I figured there had to be someplace online for Guild info and discussion - looks like I was right. :D

I'm afraid I only have one Guild to call my own, but I love her a lot. She's a 1980 D25CH ("CH" = nice cherry stain), and she just came into my hands last summer. I'd always wanted a Guild acoustic, but prices were just out of reach, so when a random websearch turned up this one at a local guitar shop at the friendly price of just over $650, I scraped together all the cash I had (plus a couple other guitars I wasn't playing) and made her mine.

The shop was very upfront about the one downside - the top had once suffered a hairline crack, which had since been expertly repaired. On the upside though, they had installed a nice LR Baggs 'iBeam' active pickup, so I'd be all set to plug-n-play, which is a big deal for me.

I've been playing for a long while, started around 1980. I've played and owned a pretty wide variety of instruments, but never anything that fit so well to my hands. Factor in the incredible voice, and well... heh. I'm a believer. :D

Sorry for gushing, I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all...

- Eric

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

** waves to Lonesome Picker **

I'm awfully glad to have found you folks. I figured there had to be someplace online for Guild info and discussion - looks like I was right. :D

I'm afraid I only have one Guild to call my own, but I love her a lot. She's a 1980 D25CH ("CH" = nice cherry stain), and she just came into my hands last summer. I'd always wanted a Guild acoustic, but prices were just out of reach, so when a random websearch turned up this one at a local guitar shop at the friendly price of just over $650, I scraped together all the cash I had (plus a couple other guitars I wasn't playing) and made her mine.

The shop was very upfront about the one downside - the top had once suffered a hairline crack, which had since been expertly repaired. On the upside though, they had installed a nice LR Baggs 'iBeam' active pickup, so I'd be all set to plug-n-play, which is a big deal for me.

I've been playing for a long while, started around 1980. I've played and owned a pretty wide variety of instruments, but never anything that fit so well to my hands. Factor in the incredible voice, and well... heh. I'm a believer. :D

Sorry for gushing, I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all...

- Eric

Fandodge

Reaction score
Hi Eric, I have a 79 d25m the d25s are fantastic guitars and built like tanks, the prices are starting to go up on them as well, I am new to this forum too, it looks like we both have found a home. Jamie

Fandodge

Reaction score
Hi Eric, I have a 79 d25m the d25s are fantastic guitars and built like tanks, the prices are starting to go up on them as well, I am new to this forum too, it looks like we both have found a home. Jamie

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ear,

I'm with Fan. Don't apologize for having a D-25. That's one awesome guitar you've got there. And I've never read any stipulation here that stated you had to have more than one Guild to be a member. It is a great forum....a lot of great people with tons of Guild knowledge. I think you'll enjoy it.

It's a pleasure to have you here..............welcome!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ear,

I'm with Fan. Don't apologize for having a D-25. That's one awesome guitar you've got there. And I've never read any stipulation here that stated you had to have more than one Guild to be a member. It is a great forum....a lot of great people with tons of Guild knowledge. I think you'll enjoy it.

It's a pleasure to have you here..............welcome!

dklsplace

Reaction score
I've never read any stipulation here that stated you had to have more than one Guild to be a member

Hey...I had only one Guild when I started this forum. 8)

You guys are what makes this a great place to spend regular web time. It's pretty obvious to me the kind of respect we all have for our Guilds doesn't end with them. In nearly 5 years the only real policing I've ever had to do is clean up a couple spams from some hit & run types.

dklsplace

Reaction score
I've never read any stipulation here that stated you had to have more than one Guild to be a member

Hey...I had only one Guild when I started this forum. 8)

You guys are what makes this a great place to spend regular web time. It's pretty obvious to me the kind of respect we all have for our Guilds doesn't end with them. In nearly 5 years the only real policing I've ever had to do is clean up a couple spams from some hit & run types.

Reaction score
New Kids

It is great to see more new members here. I just recently joined myself and have learned much about Guild guitars already. I love my 77 D40 and hope to acquire more Guilds when opportunity and funds allow. Welcome!

Reaction score
New Kids

It is great to see more new members here. I just recently joined myself and have learned much about Guild guitars already. I love my 77 D40 and hope to acquire more Guilds when opportunity and funds allow. Welcome!