How can you tell where your Guild was built?

TBman

Reaction score
I know the guitar can be dated by the serial number, but is there a way to tell where the guitar was built from the number? My label has the serial number, says "Made in the USA" and Guild Musical Instruments, Westerly R.I. Is (was) R.I. the corporate headquarters or the factory location?

TBman

Reaction score
I know the guitar can be dated by the serial number, but is there a way to tell where the guitar was built from the number? My label has the serial number, says "Made in the USA" and Guild Musical Instruments, Westerly R.I. Is (was) R.I. the corporate headquarters or the factory location?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey TB,

I'm really not trying to sound like a smart a.., but if the tag says Westerly, that is where it was built. The Coronas and Tacomas also state their place of origin on their tags. I'm not sure about the GAD's, but they were built in China. The Westerlys' are truly great guitars.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey TB,

I'm really not trying to sound like a smart a.., but if the tag says Westerly, that is where it was built. The Coronas and Tacomas also state their place of origin on their tags. I'm not sure about the GAD's, but they were built in China. The Westerlys' are truly great guitars.

West

TBman

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Hey TB,

West

Thanks West.

TBman

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Hey TB,

West

Thanks West.