What's the difference betwee a SF IV and SF V?

samdjr74

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about adding to my Guild line up a starfire but what is the differenc between the IV and V? Is one better then the other?

Thanks,
Sam

samdjr74

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about adding to my Guild line up a starfire but what is the differenc between the IV and V? Is one better then the other?

Thanks,
Sam

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
samdjr74 said:

Thanks,
Sam

Hello Sam,

The difference between the two is the use of a Bigby vibrato tailpiece on the V, while the IV has a standard Guild harp tailpiece.
Depending on the period there are some other small differences but they are basically the same guitar.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
samdjr74 said:

Thanks,
Sam

Hello Sam,

The difference between the two is the use of a Bigby vibrato tailpiece on the V, while the IV has a standard Guild harp tailpiece.
Depending on the period there are some other small differences but they are basically the same guitar.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

samdjr74

Reaction score
Hi Hans,

Thanks for the info, so I guess I'm out to find a SF V, I'd rather have a bigsby.

Thanks,
Sam

samdjr74

Reaction score
Hi Hans,

Thanks for the info, so I guess I'm out to find a SF V, I'd rather have a bigsby.

Thanks,
Sam