Bluesbird serial number

greenman

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Bluesbird with a serial number of CL002554. Does anybody know what year this is and if it's made in Westerly? Thanks.

greenman

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Bluesbird with a serial number of CL002554. Does anybody know what year this is and if it's made in Westerly? Thanks.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
greenman said:

Hello greenman,

That serial number makes it a model from the year 2000 and at that time they were still made in Westerly.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
greenman said:

Hello greenman,

That serial number makes it a model from the year 2000 and at that time they were still made in Westerly.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
hey Greenman! Did you by any chance sell this guitar recently??

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Re: More serial numbers

davidv said:
My Bluesbird is cm000598 I assume it's from Corona, Year anybody?

Thanks

Yup, it's from early 2003!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

RussB

Reaction score
greenman said:

Pardon my n00bness for bringing up an old post, but I just purchased CL0002553. It's a natural quilt top. 8)

FelX

Reaction score
Does anybody have a Bluesbird around CL001858? 1999 maybe? I'm interested in the year of birth ;)

fordcat

Reaction score
Hey Hans -

Is there a system to the serial numbering on the bluesbirds? The 'CL' prefix seems to mean that it was still made in Westerly, whereas 'CM' means Corona, but how would one discern between a '98 and a '99? Or do you need actual production info from Guild?

Many thanks,
-Rob

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fordcat said:
Hey Hans -

Is there a system to the serial numbering on the bluesbirds? The 'CL' prefix seems to mean that it was still made in Westerly, whereas 'CM' means Corona, but how would one discern between a '98 and a '99? Or do you need actual production info from Guild?

Many thanks,
-Rob

Hello Rob,

Other than a model number prefix there is no additional dating system hidden in the serial numbers of the Westerly-made Guilds. If you give me the serial number, I should be able to tell you when exactly your Bluesbird was made.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

fordcat

Reaction score
Thanks Hans! The serial # is CL001503, which, judging from your previous posts, puts it around '99 or so. I think I'm going to go ahead and make the purchase. It's the guitar I've sought after for close to 12 years now!

P.S. - I am thoroughly enjoying your book, which was given to me as a Christmas present. I hope volume 2 is in the works!

-Rob

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fordcat said:
The serial # is CL001503, which, judging from your previous posts, puts it around '99 or so.

Hello Rob,

That would make it a Bluesbird from 1998. Post some photos once you get the guitar.
Would love to see it!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

fordcat

Reaction score
6794704350_e10eccb399_b.jpg

This should be in by hands by next Monday...

zulu

Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful guitar. 8)

I saw that one listed, and wondered if there was a reason the strings are wound through the stop tail like that. :?:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
zulu said:
Beautiful guitar. 8)

I saw that one listed, and wondered if there was a reason the strings are wound through the stop tail like that. :?:

Firstly, there's a theory that top - wrapping the strings over the tailpiece like that, improves sustain. Maybe, maybe not.

And, with the two BB's and the Blues 90 that I have, all had the strings fouling the rear of the bridge when I received them. Perhaps that diminishes the sustaining ability of the guitar, perhaps not. I have no opinion to offer.

But, I have so far top - wrapped one of my Birds ....... just in case. I'd have to say that I'm nowhere sufficiently qualified to offer a judgment if that made any difference to the way the guitar sounds.

But, I have many-times wondered; is this a BB design fault ??