Barry Gibbs Guitar

J45dale

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask this quistion...What is the blue ,thin guitar that Barry Gibbs of the BeeGees always plays ? it appears to be a Guild. If so When was it made and what are its specs and going price?
To me it sounds pretty good.
Dale

J45dale

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask this quistion...What is the blue ,thin guitar that Barry Gibbs of the BeeGees always plays ? it appears to be a Guild. If so When was it made and what are its specs and going price?
Dale

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
J45dale said:
Dale

Hello Dale,

Not really the right section but I'll answer it anyway.
That particular guitar is a S4CE-BG, a variation on the S4CE. It was introduced at the end of the '90s but is no longer part of the Guild line just like the regular S4CE. It was basically a solid mahogany body routed out, so it became semi-hollow and after that a solid spruce top was added.
It was not really designed as an acoustic guitar but the addition of a Fishman pickup and pre-amp make it possible to get an acoustic-like sound at high stage volume level.
The S4CE-BG model was available in Blue or Red and it listed for $ 1499.99 in 1998. A deluxe hardshell case was included for that price.
It was one of the models that were discontinued after the Westerly plant was closed.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
J45dale said:
Dale

Hello Dale,

Not really the right section but I'll answer it anyway.
That particular guitar is a S4CE-BG, a variation on the S4CE. It was introduced at the end of the '90s but is no longer part of the Guild line just like the regular S4CE. It was basically a solid mahogany body routed out, so it became semi-hollow and after that a solid spruce top was added.
It was not really designed as an acoustic guitar but the addition of a Fishman pickup and pre-amp make it possible to get an acoustic-like sound at high stage volume level.
The S4CE-BG model was available in Blue or Red and it listed for $ 1499.99 in 1998. A deluxe hardshell case was included for that price.
It was one of the models that were discontinued after the Westerly plant was closed.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

J45dale

Reaction score
Hans,Thanks for the info. I think I will stay on the look out for one of these. 8)
Dale

J45dale

Reaction score
Hans,Thanks for the info. I think I will stay on the look out for one of these. 8)
Dale