M-65-3/4

wabash slim

Reaction score
This was a pawn shop find---US$85. It's got a chrome P90 at the neck and a hole where someone tried to stick in a Tele bridge pickup. It's a yellow & black sunburst, which, I'm thinking of refinishing as it's already been "modified". Any info on this would be appreciated. It's a mid 60's model. I love the size and action, and the p/u sounds sweet. Any info would be appreciated.

wabash slim

Reaction score
This was a pawn shop find---US$85. It's got a chrome P90 at the neck and a hole where someone tried to stick in a Tele bridge pickup. It's a yellow & black sunburst, which, I'm thinking of refinishing as it's already been "modified". Any info on this would be appreciated. It's a mid 60's model. I love the size and action, and the p/u sounds sweet. Any info would be appreciated.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
wabash slim said:
This was a pawn shop find---US$85. It's got a chrome P90 at the neck and a hole where someone tried to stick in a Tele bridge pickup. It's a yellow & black sunburst, which, I'm thinking of refinishing as it's already been "modified". Any info on this would be appreciated. It's a mid 60's model. I love the size and action, and the p/u sounds sweet. Any info would be appreciated.[/quote

Hello wabash slim,

What exactly would you like to know? If you give me the serial number, I can tell you when exactly it was made.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
wabash slim said:
This was a pawn shop find---US$85. It's got a chrome P90 at the neck and a hole where someone tried to stick in a Tele bridge pickup. It's a yellow & black sunburst, which, I'm thinking of refinishing as it's already been "modified". Any info on this would be appreciated. It's a mid 60's model. I love the size and action, and the p/u sounds sweet. Any info would be appreciated.[/quote

Hello wabash slim,

What exactly would you like to know? If you give me the serial number, I can tell you when exactly it was made.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

wabash slim

Reaction score
M65-3/4

Hans
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm new to this, and not being any type of computer guy, it's all a case of an old dog learning new tricks.
I'm mostly interested in what the pickup is. It's like a P90, but with a chrome cover and mounts like a Humbucker. The guitar is either a 65 or 68(and my D35 is either a 68 or a 65---I can't remember which is which at the moment.) but I had a few questions about the guitar in general.
Most of the M65's I see are solid(semi?) bodies. I suspect the 3/4 relates to the junior size hollow body, correct? The neck seems "normal".
Somebody had done a hack job on it adding a bridge pickup---a Hot Rail type that just doesn't suit the guitar. I'm thinking of swapping it out for a DeArmond instead. The bridge is totally wrong as well. What's normal?
I know that it'd be worth a lot more than what I paid for it if it were stock, but, it's too late now. At this point, I just want to get it into playing status. I fell in love with the action and the light wieght. I'll probably refinish as I'm not a big fan of sunburst or of scratches.
Thanks for the help.

wabash slim

Reaction score
M65-3/4

Hans
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm new to this, and not being any type of computer guy, it's all a case of an old dog learning new tricks.
I'm mostly interested in what the pickup is. It's like a P90, but with a chrome cover and mounts like a Humbucker. The guitar is either a 65 or 68(and my D35 is either a 68 or a 65---I can't remember which is which at the moment.) but I had a few questions about the guitar in general.
Most of the M65's I see are solid(semi?) bodies. I suspect the 3/4 relates to the junior size hollow body, correct? The neck seems "normal".
Somebody had done a hack job on it adding a bridge pickup---a Hot Rail type that just doesn't suit the guitar. I'm thinking of swapping it out for a DeArmond instead. The bridge is totally wrong as well. What's normal?
I know that it'd be worth a lot more than what I paid for it if it were stock, but, it's too late now. At this point, I just want to get it into playing status. I fell in love with the action and the light wieght. I'll probably refinish as I'm not a big fan of sunburst or of scratches.
Thanks for the help.