GUILD; the world's best guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carson17912

Reaction score
hello guild people. I thought i was alone in my love of guild guitars. I am the owner of the following guilds: Electrics: Savoy 150D (blonde), S-100 AC, S-300, S-300AD, Starfire III (red), Starfire IV (blonde). Acoustics: MK I classical, DV-52, JF-30, JF-30-12, 212-12. When i started to play, my friends told me: "You've got to get a Martin acoustic guitar. " I tried them, but when i picked up a guild and played it, it felt wonderful in my hand, and to my ear it was superior to any martin or gibson i was led to at K & S music store. Needless to say my love affair started with that jf-30 i picked up and played. My next aquistition will be an X-160 when i find one. carson17912

carson17912

Reaction score
hello guild people. I thought i was alone in my love of guild guitars. I am the owner of the following guilds: Electrics: Savoy 150D (blonde), S-100 AC, S-300, S-300AD, Starfire III (red), Starfire IV (blonde). Acoustics: MK I classical, DV-52, JF-30, JF-30-12, 212-12. When i started to play, my friends told me: "You've got to get a Martin acoustic guitar. " I tried them, but when i picked up a guild and played it, it felt wonderful in my hand, and to my ear it was superior to any martin or gibson i was led to at K & S music store. Needless to say my love affair started with that jf-30 i picked up and played. My next aquistition will be an X-160 when i find one. carson17912

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hello Carson,

Don't feel like you are alone. I recently spent a couple hours at the local music store, went into the soundproof room and proceded to play a an HD-28 and D-35 Martin.

Three things really stuck in my mind. The first was that the Martins sounded good, but not as good as my Guilds. The second was that my Guilds are much heavier guitars and I'm sure that translates into sturdier guitars. And the third was the price. I think the HD-28 listed for around $3000.

Guilds are truly remarkable guitars.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hello Carson,

Don't feel like you are alone. I recently spent a couple hours at the local music store, went into the soundproof room and proceded to play a an HD-28 and D-35 Martin.

Three things really stuck in my mind. The first was that the Martins sounded good, but not as good as my Guilds. The second was that my Guilds are much heavier guitars and I'm sure that translates into sturdier guitars. And the third was the price. I think the HD-28 listed for around $3000.

Guilds are truly remarkable guitars.

West

carson17912

Reaction score
Wes, thank you for your message. today i've been recording: "I Will, Help, and If I fell." using my jf-30, and DV-52. The powerful sound of these two guitars came through brilliantly, nothing to do with the player as much as the woody sound of these great guitars. I hope fender will make all the guild line here in the states instead of china as i've been seeing. cason

carson17912

Reaction score
Wes, thank you for your message. today i've been recording: "I Will, Help, and If I fell." using my jf-30, and DV-52. The powerful sound of these two guitars came through brilliantly, nothing to do with the player as much as the woody sound of these great guitars. I hope fender will make all the guild line here in the states instead of china as i've been seeing. cason

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Carson,

Those are indeed 2 very powerful guitars you have there. I'll bet they do sound fantastic on your recording.

Not to worry about Guild, they might be on the road to recovery. I've heard that the newest Guilds are being built in Tacoma, Wash. That is supposed to be a move by Fender for improvement. Time will tell!

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Carson,

Those are indeed 2 very powerful guitars you have there. I'll bet they do sound fantastic on your recording.

Not to worry about Guild, they might be on the road to recovery. I've heard that the newest Guilds are being built in Tacoma, Wash. That is supposed to be a move by Fender for improvement. Time will tell!

West