black on back of old Guild pegheads

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Although I've seen a lot of pics of Guilds, I've seen with my own eyes only two Guilds with black on the back of the peghead. On the archtop, the black was painted on, and on the flat top the back was covered with black plastic. Did Guild do it both ways, or is one of these non-original?

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Although I've seen a lot of pics of Guilds, I've seen with my own eyes only two Guilds with black on the back of the peghead. On the archtop, the black was painted on, and on the flat top the back was covered with black plastic. Did Guild do it both ways, or is one of these non-original?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:

Hello Darryl,

Both could be original but they don't have to be. I've seen both ways were the black 'stinger' was used to hide repairs that were underneath.

Hans

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:

Hello Darryl,

Both could be original but they don't have to be. I've seen both ways were the black 'stinger' was used to hide repairs that were underneath.

Hans

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'll bet the plastic one was just that--added to hide damage. It had a screw in the edge of the plastic sheet where the peghead ends and the neck begins

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'll bet the plastic one was just that--added to hide damage. It had a screw in the edge of the plastic sheet where the peghead ends and the neck begins