Hello All!

G.O.

Reaction score
Hi! I am new here. I am a huge fan of jumbo 12 string Guild acoustics. I own a 1992 JF-65 (blonde) and a 1998 JF-30 (antiqueburst). I am a full time musician (16 years now), I've traveled to many a country and I always get a kick out of how most europeans/scandinavians are mezmerized by my JF-65. Not too common over there!

I swear by those guitars and always shall!

Anyway, I am glad to be here and look forward to some "Groovy Guilding!" LOL!

G.O.

Reaction score
Hi! I am new here. I am a huge fan of jumbo 12 string Guild acoustics. I own a 1992 JF-65 (blonde) and a 1998 JF-30 (antiqueburst). I am a full time musician (16 years now), I've traveled to many a country and I always get a kick out of how most europeans/scandinavians are mezmerized by my JF-65. Not too common over there!

I swear by those guitars and always shall!

Anyway, I am glad to be here and look forward to some "Groovy Guilding!" LOL!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild 12-strings

Hello G.O.,

Don't have a big Guild 12-string but I have a smaller one. An F-212 to be precise. Works better for me (which has a lot to do with my size). Anyway, there are plenty of Guild Jumbo lovers over here to chat with, but I just wanted to say welcome!

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild 12-strings

Hello G.O.,

Don't have a big Guild 12-string but I have a smaller one. An F-212 to be precise. Works better for me (which has a lot to do with my size). Anyway, there are plenty of Guild Jumbo lovers over here to chat with, but I just wanted to say welcome!

Hans Moust

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome G.O.! Do they let you carry that big guitar on board aircraft, or do you send it through with the luggage? I have an F-512 but I've never travelled with it. I am taking my old D-25M to Mexico again next week, I use a special carry case designed for shipping guitars and check it with the luggage. So far, so good :D

I'll bet the JF65 sounds sweet, I always liked the sound of the Maple 12, but I can't afford to own one of each if I want to stay happily married...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome G.O.! Do they let you carry that big guitar on board aircraft, or do you send it through with the luggage? I have an F-512 but I've never travelled with it. I am taking my old D-25M to Mexico again next week, I use a special carry case designed for shipping guitars and check it with the luggage. So far, so good :D

I'll bet the JF65 sounds sweet, I always liked the sound of the Maple 12, but I can't afford to own one of each if I want to stay happily married...

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome, G.O.

Happiness is a Guild jumbo. Or Guild Dreadnaught. Or Guild archtop.

Where did you play in Scandinavia? I lived there for four years. Great people. They sure don't deserve their climate.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome, G.O.

Happiness is a Guild jumbo. Or Guild Dreadnaught. Or Guild archtop.

Where did you play in Scandinavia? I lived there for four years. Great people. They sure don't deserve their climate.

G.O.

Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings guys!

Drednut, I check my guitar at the counter and they place it in the oversize. At least SAS does this. All domestic airlines do not care and try to put it in luggage. I protest and they begrudgingly put it in oversize. I have the case chipped many times by these companies. SAS does a great job until the jerks on the ground get their hands on it. Then it's frisbie time. Morons.

Darryl, I have performed in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and if you consider them Scandinavian, Finland. I have also done Germany, Switzerland and UK too. I am a solo act with a repetoire that consists of tunes mainly from the 1960's-1970's. My faves are the Beatles (solo as well), the Monkees (Nesmith solo too), CCR, the Byrds, Gordon Lightfoot etc. As for the Scans, you are so right they do not deserve that climate! LOL! However, they are so used to it that it doesn't matter. Winter in flat & tiny Denmark is DREARY. I can handle snow but when it's cold and RAINY all the time........UGH! Norway and Sweden are just so cozy that if it does rain it's ok. Norway in particular is cozy......my girlfriend hails from Bergen, Norway. :D

One thing is for sure, the most beautiful women on this planet are all tucked away nicely in Scandinavia! LOL!

:)

G.O.

Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings guys!

Drednut, I check my guitar at the counter and they place it in the oversize. At least SAS does this. All domestic airlines do not care and try to put it in luggage. I protest and they begrudgingly put it in oversize. I have the case chipped many times by these companies. SAS does a great job until the jerks on the ground get their hands on it. Then it's frisbie time. Morons.

Darryl, I have performed in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and if you consider them Scandinavian, Finland. I have also done Germany, Switzerland and UK too. I am a solo act with a repetoire that consists of tunes mainly from the 1960's-1970's. My faves are the Beatles (solo as well), the Monkees (Nesmith solo too), CCR, the Byrds, Gordon Lightfoot etc. As for the Scans, you are so right they do not deserve that climate! LOL! However, they are so used to it that it doesn't matter. Winter in flat & tiny Denmark is DREARY. I can handle snow but when it's cold and RAINY all the time........UGH! Norway and Sweden are just so cozy that if it does rain it's ok. Norway in particular is cozy......my girlfriend hails from Bergen, Norway. :D

One thing is for sure, the most beautiful women on this planet are all tucked away nicely in Scandinavia! LOL!

:)

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site G.O. Nothing but a great bunch of folks here, but then again, it figures, they all love Guild guitars!

By the way, on the women issue....you've obviously not been to Texas! 8)

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site G.O. Nothing but a great bunch of folks here, but then again, it figures, they all love Guild guitars!

By the way, on the women issue....you've obviously not been to Texas! 8)

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: If you are referring to guitars...I do like jumbos, however I prefer dreds. If you are referring to the other, well I have a collectors vintage studio model at 5'2" and 115 pounds....blonde and beautiful. A solid body...if you will. She sounds like an angel and it relaxes me to play her. But if I strum her too hard, I get some serious buzz!

No offense taken on the comment.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: If you are referring to guitars...I do like jumbos, however I prefer dreds. If you are referring to the other, well I have a collectors vintage studio model at 5'2" and 115 pounds....blonde and beautiful. A solid body...if you will. She sounds like an angel and it relaxes me to play her. But if I strum her too hard, I get some serious buzz!

No offense taken on the comment.

West

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
well I've been to Scandanavia and Texas, and I saw some gorgeous women in both places!

On one hand, I might have to give Scandanavia the nod, there was a young blonde hotel clerk in Stockholm who was so beautiful it seemed she used her deep blue eyes to gaze right into my soul :oops:

On the other hand, there are the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 8)

G.O., my aircraft case is a long rectangular fiber case filled with high density foam cut out to a dreadnaught shape, so the guitar is completely surrounded by at least 4" of foam. I also take some comfort in the fact that it doesn't look like a guitar so it may be less likely to be stolen by some clown at the airport.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
well I've been to Scandanavia and Texas, and I saw some gorgeous women in both places!

On one hand, I might have to give Scandanavia the nod, there was a young blonde hotel clerk in Stockholm who was so beautiful it seemed she used her deep blue eyes to gaze right into my soul :oops:

On the other hand, there are the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 8)

G.O., my aircraft case is a long rectangular fiber case filled with high density foam cut out to a dreadnaught shape, so the guitar is completely surrounded by at least 4" of foam. I also take some comfort in the fact that it doesn't look like a guitar so it may be less likely to be stolen by some clown at the airport.