JF-100?

G.O.

Reaction score
I remember seeing this guitar (JF-100) in the Guild catalogues of the early 1990's. I had considered buying one.............that is until I saw the price tag. It seems it was discontinued. Anybody have anymore info on this model? Any photos?

Thanks!

G.O.

Reaction score
I remember seeing this guitar (JF-100) in the Guild catalogues of the early 1990's. I had considered buying one.............that is until I saw the price tag. It seems it was discontinued. Anybody have anymore info on this model? Any photos?

Thanks!

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think they were limited edition runs of the J-55 or D-55, with lots more trim and I believe they have that carved heel. Nice looking guitars.

Hans will be along in a minute to tell us the real deal.. :D

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think they were limited edition runs of the J-55 or D-55, with lots more trim and I believe they have that carved heel. Nice looking guitars.

Hans will be along in a minute to tell us the real deal.. :D

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
FNG and G.O.,

FNG I think you are very close there. I believe the models were based on the JF-55 and D-55. I do know that in addition, the 100's had abalone everywhere.....up the neck in the fretmarker arrows as with the later model 55's, but also featured an abalone binding. If I am not mistaken, the carved heel was optional on the model. All in all, a very striking looking guitar in my opinion. I see them occasionally online at various places and the going rate appears to be between $2250 and $3500.

I hope this helps.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
FNG and G.O.,

FNG I think you are very close there. I believe the models were based on the JF-55 and D-55. I do know that in addition, the 100's had abalone everywhere.....up the neck in the fretmarker arrows as with the later model 55's, but also featured an abalone binding. If I am not mistaken, the carved heel was optional on the model. All in all, a very striking looking guitar in my opinion. I see them occasionally online at various places and the going rate appears to be between $2250 and $3500.

I hope this helps.

West

HoboKen

Reaction score
Yep! West has it "I.D.ed"
JF and D-100s also have Maple binding with the abolone all-over the place like a Martin D-45. The hadstock is multi-layered wood, cut at an angle to give it that unique binding look. The AAA spruce top was special cut to give it a "Feathering" look once the thin coat of Lacquer was applied. Great guitars!

Humm......I wonder how many D-100s Geo. Strait bought up??

HoboKen

Reaction score
Yep! West has it "I.D.ed"
JF and D-100s also have Maple binding with the abolone all-over the place like a Martin D-45. The hadstock is multi-layered wood, cut at an angle to give it that unique binding look. The AAA spruce top was special cut to give it a "Feathering" look once the thin coat of Lacquer was applied. Great guitars!

Humm......I wonder how many D-100s Geo. Strait bought up??

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ken,

I swear that between yourself, Don and Smith, there is enough knowledge for Hans to write his sequel. You guys make this such a great place to learn. Thanks

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ken,

I swear that between yourself, Don and Smith, there is enough knowledge for Hans to write his sequel. You guys make this such a great place to learn. Thanks

West