I want an X160!

mnutz

Reaction score
I want one in black, Westerly built. But don't seem to be able to find any. Are they out there? Anywhere?

My '74 F40 Blonde needs a mate.

mnutz

Reaction score
I want one in black, Westerly built. But don't seem to be able to find any. Are they out there? Anywhere?

My '74 F40 Blonde needs a mate.

mnutz

Reaction score
I forgot to add X160 "Rockabilly". Although I don't really know the difference. Is there a regular X160 in black that I could slap a Bigsby on and have the same thing? Or are there other differences? Or were all X160s "rockabilly" models? And more importantly, where are they all at?

Thanks from a man with guitar problem.

mnutz

Reaction score
I forgot to add X160 "Rockabilly". Although I don't really know the difference. Is there a regular X160 in black that I could slap a Bigsby on and have the same thing? Or are there other differences? Or were all X160s "rockabilly" models? And more importantly, where are they all at?

Thanks from a man with guitar problem.

Mr.Tidy

Reaction score
well, an x-160 rockabilly will have dearmond single coil pickups. That is a BIG difference with the X-150. They did make them in Corona, California also, and those guitars are very nice too.

Mr.Tidy

Reaction score
well, an x-160 rockabilly will have dearmond single coil pickups. That is a BIG difference with the X-150. They did make them in Corona, California also, and those guitars are very nice too.

dklsplace

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the "Rockabilly" designated X-160's were the same body used on the X-150. The older X-160's were X-175's (Manhattans) with less fancy appointments.

Keep watch on ebay. The Rockabillys make the rounds regularly.

dklsplace

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the "Rockabilly" designated X-160's were the same body used on the X-150. The older X-160's were X-175's (Manhattans) with less fancy appointments.

Keep watch on ebay. The Rockabillys make the rounds regularly.

Old Curmudgeon

Reaction score
X160

Hi,

They made the X160 Rockabilly in Fiesta Red, Tennessee Orange, a lovely electric blue and Black.

Warpdrive Music were clearing a few of these (Corona builds) at the end of '04 beginning of '05, most were blue but they also listed a few black ones, so they are out there somewhere.

Old Curmudgeon

Reaction score
X160

Hi,

They made the X160 Rockabilly in Fiesta Red, Tennessee Orange, a lovely electric blue and Black.

Warpdrive Music were clearing a few of these (Corona builds) at the end of '04 beginning of '05, most were blue but they also listed a few black ones, so they are out there somewhere.

Charlie Vegas

Reaction score
Mr. P ~ said:
I thought I found what you wanted, but I was off by one digit.
Actually you were off by two digits and the wrong manufacturer. Despite what the e-bay listing says, the guitar is a DeArmond X155 which is a Korean knockoff based on the Guild line. It should never be confused with an American made X-150 or X-160.

Charlie Vegas

Reaction score
Mr. P ~ said:
I thought I found what you wanted, but I was off by one digit.
Actually you were off by two digits and the wrong manufacturer. Despite what the e-bay listing says, the guitar is a DeArmond X155 which is a Korean knockoff based on the Guild line. It should never be confused with an American made X-150 or X-160.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Charlie Vegas said:
[quote="Mr. P ~":ef19f]I thought I found what you wanted, but I was off by one digit.
Actually you were off by two digits and the wrong manufacturer. Despite what the e-bay listing says, the guitar is a DeArmond X155 which is a Korean knockoff based on the Guild line. It should never be confused with an American made X-150 or X-160.[/quote:ef19f]Thanks for clearing that up for me, I had not made the D'Armond Connection, being new to the Guild electrics.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Charlie Vegas said:
[quote="Mr. P ~":ef19f]I thought I found what you wanted, but I was off by one digit.
Actually you were off by two digits and the wrong manufacturer. Despite what the e-bay listing says, the guitar is a DeArmond X155 which is a Korean knockoff based on the Guild line. It should never be confused with an American made X-150 or X-160.[/quote:ef19f]Thanks for clearing that up for me, I had not made the D'Armond Connection, being new to the Guild electrics.

Reaction score
I got one of the last Black x-160 from Warpdrive Music, it's my favorite guitar. yeah you don't see many of them around, good luck in the search.

Reaction score
I got one of the last Black x-160 from Warpdrive Music, it's my favorite guitar. yeah you don't see many of them around, good luck in the search.

mnutz

Reaction score
"I got one of the last Black x-160 from Warpdrive Music, it's my favorite guitar. yeah you don't see many of them around, good luck in the search."
gbrand

Yeah, they just aren't too easily found. But I must have one. Then my guitar buying will be over. Yeah right.

mnutz

Reaction score
"I got one of the last Black x-160 from Warpdrive Music, it's my favorite guitar. yeah you don't see many of them around, good luck in the search."
gbrand

Yeah, they just aren't too easily found. But I must have one. Then my guitar buying will be over. Yeah right.