Guild T100-D Pickups Qn for Hans

Reaction score
Hi Hans, I have a 1965 Guild T100-D & was wondering if you can tell me who made the single coil pickups. Are they DeArmonds? Also, what would be most similar in tone to these available in a new pickup please?
I know that Gretsch and Semour Duncan have a DeArmond Dynosonic repro
on the market.
Thanks, Paul. /Users/paulchaplin/Desktop/P1010027.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Hans, I have a 1965 Guild T100-D & was wondering if you can tell me who made the single coil pickups. Are they DeArmonds? Also, what would be most similar in tone to these available in a new pickup please?
on the market.
Thanks, Paul. /Users/paulchaplin/Desktop/P1010027.jpg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Paul said:
on the market.
Thanks, Paul.

Hi Paul,

It looks like you tried to attach a photo to your posting but it seems like there's something missing.
I assume that you're talking about the pickup on the left in the photo:

[img:850:567]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/GuildSingleCoils.jpg[/img]

That's what you usually find on a T-100D from 1965. If it's a later one it might be the pickup on the right.
Anyway, neither of these pickups were made by DeArmond.
There's nothing really that resembles these pickups in a new pickup but there are many people making custom pickups these days and one of them might be able to make you something that comes close. It is a very basic pickup; nothing fancy about it!

Good luck!

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Paul said:
on the market.
Thanks, Paul.

Hi Paul,

It looks like you tried to attach a photo to your posting but it seems like there's something missing.
I assume that you're talking about the pickup on the left in the photo:

[img:850:567]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/GuildSingleCoils.jpg[/img]

That's what you usually find on a T-100D from 1965. If it's a later one it might be the pickup on the right.
Anyway, neither of these pickups were made by DeArmond.
There's nothing really that resembles these pickups in a new pickup but there are many people making custom pickups these days and one of them might be able to make you something that comes close. It is a very basic pickup; nothing fancy about it!

Good luck!

Hans Moust

Reaction score
Thanks Hans, Yes I tired to attach a jPeg of my guitar. It's the pickup on the left as you mention. I bought a set of Jason lollar P-90 pickups, but they are really hot compared to the guild pickups. I like the sound of the Guild a lot & would like to replicate it in another guitar i'm having custom made.
I will continue the search and let the furum know if I find something clsoe.
Thanks again Hans.
Regards,
Paul.

Reaction score
Thanks Hans, Yes I tired to attach a jPeg of my guitar. It's the pickup on the left as you mention. I bought a set of Jason lollar P-90 pickups, but they are really hot compared to the guild pickups. I like the sound of the Guild a lot & would like to replicate it in another guitar i'm having custom made.
I will continue the search and let the furum know if I find something clsoe.
Thanks again Hans.
Regards,
Paul.