Dating my guild

Reaction score
I just inherited a Guild G312 NT ? from my dead grandpa and i have no clue what year it is and how much its worth. i play guitar but i already have 3 so im looking to sell this one. I can't really read the serial number well so does anyone have an approximate date/price to how much this would go for?

thanks tons
bobby

Reaction score
I just inherited a Guild G312 NT ? from my dead grandpa and i have no clue what year it is and how much its worth. i play guitar but i already have 3 so im looking to sell this one. I can't really read the serial number well so does anyone have an approximate date/price to how much this would go for?

thanks tons
bobby

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
addicted0 said:

thanks tons
bobby

Hello Bobby,

Well, I would love to help you with the dating of your G-312 NT but you gotta give me a little more info. The serial number is written on the label as well as stamped into the back of the headstock. Give it a shot!
Try to read some of the 6 numbers including a possible 2-letter prefix that might be in front of those 6 numbers.

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
addicted0 said:

thanks tons
bobby

Hello Bobby,

Well, I would love to help you with the dating of your G-312 NT but you gotta give me a little more info. The serial number is written on the label as well as stamped into the back of the headstock. Give it a shot!
Try to read some of the 6 numbers including a possible 2-letter prefix that might be in front of those 6 numbers.

Hans Moust

Reaction score
ahh i forgot the number was on the back of the headstock i was struggling to read it in the body with no light at all haha. IT's DJ100004

Reaction score
ahh i forgot the number was on the back of the headstock i was struggling to read it in the body with no light at all haha. IT's DJ100004

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
addicted0 said:

OK, it's from the very end of 1979.

The value depends on the condition of the guitar and that's another dept.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
addicted0 said:

OK, it's from the very end of 1979.

The value depends on the condition of the guitar and that's another dept.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I thought it was then just guessing. Your help is very much appreciated. However, what do you think it would sell for, its probably in fair-good condition inc. indentations on neck and scratches ont he body?

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I thought it was then just guessing. Your help is very much appreciated. However, what do you think it would sell for, its probably in fair-good condition inc. indentations on neck and scratches ont he body?

Reaction score
Guild Total
All of my Guilds have a date rubberstamped into a reinforcing piece (for lack of a better word) on the under side of the top next to the sound hole. You need a mirror stuck in the soundhole to see it.

Comments Hans?

Reaction score
Guild Total
All of my Guilds have a date rubberstamped into a reinforcing piece (for lack of a better word) on the under side of the top next to the sound hole. You need a mirror stuck in the soundhole to see it.

Comments Hans?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
lonesome picker said:

Comments Hans?

Yes, that's correct but it's not the manufacturing date of the guitar but the date that a part was made. In this case it is the date that the top was completed. There are more parts that did get a date but you can't get to 'm once the guitar is assembled or finished. Since these dates were applied early on in the manufacturing process they are not a very good way of dating the guitar, but it is a good tool to get an approximate date in cases where the serial number is missing.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
lonesome picker said:

Comments Hans?

Yes, that's correct but it's not the manufacturing date of the guitar but the date that a part was made. In this case it is the date that the top was completed. There are more parts that did get a date but you can't get to 'm once the guitar is assembled or finished. Since these dates were applied early on in the manufacturing process they are not a very good way of dating the guitar, but it is a good tool to get an approximate date in cases where the serial number is missing.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust