GUILD S-300D GUILD S-300AD

carson17912

Reaction score
Each time i play with my Guild 300s i'm knocked out by the sound that comes out of my Vox AC-30. I remember seeing on one of the late nite talk shows' band playing and an african/american lady was playing a 300 just wonderfully. It sparked my ears, hands and wallet to get a couple. I think it's my favorite electric guitar hands down. Anyone else out there that is an S-300 fan? Let me know what you think of yours!!!!!! carson

carson17912

Reaction score
Each time i play with my Guild 300s i'm knocked out by the sound that comes out of my Vox AC-30. I remember seeing on one of the late nite talk shows' band playing and an african/american lady was playing a 300 just wonderfully. It sparked my ears, hands and wallet to get a couple. I think it's my favorite electric guitar hands down. Anyone else out there that is an S-300 fan? Let me know what you think of yours!!!!!! carson

Dirt123

Reaction score
Hi.
Mine is an 81 S-300D, but it had only one Dimarzio in it when I got it, & right now I have two Duncan Pearly Gates. It's white, & the finish is yellowing in spots, which is very cool. Was a smoker's guitar, so the case smells funky. It is a great guitar, I love the access to all 24 frets it allows, & it stays in tune. It's my main axe in my band, we have 3 guitars, the other guys have Rick's & Strats, so I get a nice contrast with the Guild. Works great for recording, too.

The more I collect guitars, the more I like it when I can score one with an original hard shell case. I like these old cases, newer cases seem sort of lame to me, the case for my S-300 has this cool blue lining.

Later

Dirt123

Reaction score
Hi.
Mine is an 81 S-300D, but it had only one Dimarzio in it when I got it, & right now I have two Duncan Pearly Gates. It's white, & the finish is yellowing in spots, which is very cool. Was a smoker's guitar, so the case smells funky. It is a great guitar, I love the access to all 24 frets it allows, & it stays in tune. It's my main axe in my band, we have 3 guitars, the other guys have Rick's & Strats, so I get a nice contrast with the Guild. Works great for recording, too.

The more I collect guitars, the more I like it when I can score one with an original hard shell case. I like these old cases, newer cases seem sort of lame to me, the case for my S-300 has this cool blue lining.

Later

carson17912

Reaction score
For the love of Guild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love the Beatles. I love Guild guitars. Of the 11 I own the S-300D, and the S-300AD are my favorite electrics period. I play them often, but I haven't recorded with them. The next time I do an electric song I'll give it a whirl. I've been thinking about laying down: "Crying, Waiting, Hoping," by Buddy Holly and "HELP!" by the Beatles. I'll post the results. The guitars of Guild always sound GREAT,...........................but the player, there's the rub!!!!!!!!!!!! carson

Dirt123

Reaction score
Sound like a nice pair of guitars. Are we the only guys here who dig these? I think they are very comfortable. Mine is and '81, about due for a re-fret.

What colors are yours? Is the AD natural?

Dirt

Old Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Hi, Carson & Dirt,

So you folks don't feel alone, I thought I'd join in with a photo of my own S300 from '77. Great sounding guitar, unfortunately the neck pup needs wax potting, it's microphonic. S300

Dirt123

Reaction score
Old Curmudgeon said:
Hi, Carson & Dirt,

So you folks don't feel alone, I thought I'd join in with a photo of my own S300 from '77. Great sounding guitar, unfortunately the neck pup needs wax potting, it's microphonic. S300

Excellent! Nice colour. Is it red, or brown?

Dirt

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Old Curmudgeon said:
Hi, Carson & Dirt,

So you folks don't feel alone, I thought I'd join in with a photo of my own S300 from '77. Great sounding guitar, unfortunately the neck pup needs wax potting, it's microphonic.

Old Curmudgeon,

What's the serial number of your S-300? It's just for my database.

If you don't want to post it on the net, you can contact me through my website.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

carson17912

Reaction score
MEET THE S-300s!

I've said that the Guild s-300 is my favorite electric guitar. I submit their pictures. The beautiful blonde is "Prudence." Her voice is like an angel and her serial number is 167582. "Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play." carson

[img:132:231]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/navitsky/000_0033.jpg[/img]

carson17912

Reaction score
MEET THE S-300s! PART II

I love the Guild S-300 electric guitar it's my favorite electric guitar. I posted previously the Blonde: "Prudence," and now I'll show you the gorgeous brunette: "Michelle," her voice is beautiful too and her serial number is ,EA-100245. "Michelle, ma belle,............" carson ps with apologies to John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

[img:132:231]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/navitsky/000_0032.jpg[/img]

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Carson

Are those Dimarzio pickups? I've never played a S 300, but Dimarzios sound great in startfires.

Eat your heart out C note (and other Guilders). I've seen that starfire 12 (pictured in the latest gospel, the Moust book) that was made for John and is on display in Hawaii.

carson17912

Reaction score
Di Marzio pups

Dear Mr. "D": From what I can tell, and from Han's Book, both guitars have DiMarzio pups. Congradulations on owning a real gem in your collection a starfire 4-12. I hope to add one someday, but I have a hard enough time with 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do own a Rickenbacker 360-12, in blonde of course. The only time I ate my heart out over anything any other guy had, was when Lance Rentzel married Joey Heatherton. If you're anywhere near my age you'll recall and understand................take care: carson

davidv

Reaction score
S300d

Wonderful guitar, with great pick-ups. Just feels total quality in the hand.
Mine is a mahogony sunburst (brown to black) with a model number S300D -SB in the cavity. Serial number EA 100034 1979/80 I think.
You are not alone!
Much admired in my collection!!

David