1961 x175

rogersguy

Reaction score
hi guys, well i went for it! i've had it for about a week, and i couldnt be happier. i think i might have to pot the pups though,larry
DSC00193.jpg
[/img]

rogersguy

Reaction score
hi guys, well i went for it! i've had it for about a week, and i couldnt be happier. i think i might have to pot the pups though,larry
DSC00193.jpg
[/img]

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
rogersguy said:

Hi Larry,

Congrats! Seems like a good catch!
Re. the potting of the pickups:
That's what they all need. No big deal!

Enjoy!

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
rogersguy said:

Hi Larry,

Congrats! Seems like a good catch!
Re. the potting of the pickups:
That's what they all need. No big deal!

Enjoy!

Hans Moust

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Rogersguy,
You lucky dog. I have 61 x175 too, and it's my favorite guitar of all time (and I've owned about 50). Those are hard to find--people don't let them go.

Hans,
Do you mean all pickups need potting, or all Franz P90s?

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Rogersguy,
You lucky dog. I have 61 x175 too, and it's my favorite guitar of all time (and I've owned about 50). Those are hard to find--people don't let them go.

Hans,
Do you mean all pickups need potting, or all Franz P90s?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Hans, Do you mean all pickups need potting, or all Franz P90s?

No, only if they're microphonic to the point where they start to sqeal when you don't want them to. The Franz pickups usually do, but later humbuckers can be bad in that respect as well.

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
Hans, Do you mean all pickups need potting, or all Franz P90s?

No, only if they're microphonic to the point where they start to sqeal when you don't want them to. The Franz pickups usually do, but later humbuckers can be bad in that respect as well.

Hans Moust

rogersguy

Reaction score
thanks guys for the nice words! hans, i'm glad to hear that potting them wont change the sound. that was my biggest worry, because the pups do sound great, especially the neck pickup.its killer! my x-350 didnt sound or play as nice as this one does. thanks again,larry

rogersguy

Reaction score
thanks guys for the nice words! hans, i'm glad to hear that potting them wont change the sound. that was my biggest worry, because the pups do sound great, especially the neck pickup.its killer! my x-350 didnt sound or play as nice as this one does. thanks again,larry