Hello fellow Guilders!

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hi!

I've been lurking on the forum for a week or so! I just purchased a 1983 D-15 with Cherry finish while I was vacationing in Arizona. It's definitely got some battle scars, but it feels like butter in my hands, unlike any other guitar I've ever played!

It's cool to me that it was built in Westerly, where my mother-in-law lives and where my wife and I have visited frequently over the past 15 years.

Just wanna double-check...this guitar is solid mahogany on the top, back and sides, right?

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Peace, Scott

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hi!

I've been lurking on the forum for a week or so! I just purchased a 1983 D-15 with Cherry finish while I was vacationing in Arizona. It's definitely got some battle scars, but it feels like butter in my hands, unlike any other guitar I've ever played!

It's cool to me that it was built in Westerly, where my mother-in-law lives and where my wife and I have visited frequently over the past 15 years.

Just wanna double-check...this guitar is solid mahogany on the top, back and sides, right?

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Peace, Scott

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
D15inMD said:

Hello Scott,

Welcome! If your D-15 is from 1983 then it is from the first year that this particular model was made.
It's an all mahogany guitar with a solid mahogany top. The back however is laminated mahogany. You can tell by the absence of braces on the inside of the back. That's a typical Guild feature.

Enjoy!

Hans

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
D15inMD said:

Hello Scott,

Welcome! If your D-15 is from 1983 then it is from the first year that this particular model was made.
It's an all mahogany guitar with a solid mahogany top. The back however is laminated mahogany. You can tell by the absence of braces on the inside of the back. That's a typical Guild feature.

Enjoy!

Hans