M-75CS???

KuuKOO

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was a member on the old forum and haven't posted here yet:)

Today I was scouting round and I found a "Custom Shop" M-75 shaped guitar with no arch, cherry-type finish, with clear pickguard and P90s (I think) instead of humbuckers or DeArmonds. Looked a bit like a LP jr. I understand it was a limited run after Fender acquired the name.

Can anyone help with a bit more info about this guitar?

Thanks in advance!

kk

KuuKOO

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was a member on the old forum and haven't posted here yet:)

Today I was scouting round and I found a "Custom Shop" M-75 shaped guitar with no arch, cherry-type finish, with clear pickguard and P90s (I think) instead of humbuckers or DeArmonds. Looked a bit like a LP jr. I understand it was a limited run after Fender acquired the name.

Thanks in advance!

kk

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
KuuKOO said:
I found a "Custom Shop" M-75 shaped guitar with no arch, cherry-type finish, with clear pickguard and P90s (I think) instead of humbuckers or DeArmonds. Looked a bit like a LP jr. I understand it was a limited run after Fender acquired the name.

Thanks in advance!

kk

Hello KuuKOO,

Guild didn't have a Custom Shop before Fender took over in 1995. Actually, the Custom Shop was opened a couple of years after that and almost everything from the Guild Custom Shop was kind of a 'limited run'.
Anyway, what you have is an M-90 and the pickups are Seymour Duncan P-90s. Give me the serial number and I tell you exactly when your guitar was made.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
KuuKOO said:
I found a "Custom Shop" M-75 shaped guitar with no arch, cherry-type finish, with clear pickguard and P90s (I think) instead of humbuckers or DeArmonds. Looked a bit like a LP jr. I understand it was a limited run after Fender acquired the name.

Thanks in advance!

kk

Hello KuuKOO,

Guild didn't have a Custom Shop before Fender took over in 1995. Actually, the Custom Shop was opened a couple of years after that and almost everything from the Guild Custom Shop was kind of a 'limited run'.
Anyway, what you have is an M-90 and the pickups are Seymour Duncan P-90s. Give me the serial number and I tell you exactly when your guitar was made.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

KuuKOO

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

I actually haven't bought it yet but I'm seriously thinking about it. It was a VERY sweet guitar.

KK

KuuKOO

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

I actually haven't bought it yet but I'm seriously thinking about it. It was a VERY sweet guitar.

KK