F212C

Reaction score
Hello there,

just joined the forum, this is what I was looking for...great !

I wonder if anybody has further informations of the F212C Model.
As far as I know, it had a smaller jumbo body but for sure with this damned good looking sharp cutaway. I'm a big fan of Ralph Towner and his 12-string style. Ralph's instrument was a custom order, but the F212C was available as a regular model as well - I guess in the late 70ties.

If anybody has some pics of this guitar it would be great to share them
with me. Needless to mention that I'm desperately looking for this guitar,
but I haven't found an offer neither in ebay nor at other marketplaces (I'm located in Germany).
2 or 3 years ago there was an offer for a used custom build instrument, very similar to the F212C but not an exact re-issue. Btw: Does Guild accept custom orders nowadays ?

Cheers,
Arvin

My Guilds up to now: F50, F212XL (77'), JF30-12 (ca. 94')

Reaction score
Hello there,

just joined the forum, this is what I was looking for...great !

As far as I know, it had a smaller jumbo body but for sure with this damned good looking sharp cutaway. I'm a big fan of Ralph Towner and his 12-string style. Ralph's instrument was a custom order, but the F212C was available as a regular model as well - I guess in the late 70ties.

with me. Needless to mention that I'm desperately looking for this guitar,
but I haven't found an offer neither in ebay nor at other marketplaces (I'm located in Germany).
2 or 3 years ago there was an offer for a used custom build instrument, very similar to the F212C but not an exact re-issue. Btw: Does Guild accept custom orders nowadays ?

Cheers,
Arvin

My Guilds up to now: F50, F212XL (77'), JF30-12 (ca. 94')

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
arvin said:

with me.

Btw: Does Guild accept custom orders nowadays ?

Hello arvin,

Welcome! The F-212C was available on a regular basis from 1976 till about 1981.

As far as custom orders are concerned, you probably could have ordered something like an F-212C a couple of years ago, but right now I don't think they're set up to honor a request like that.

Here's a body close-up of a late '70s model:

[img:380:589]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/F-212C_1.jpg[/img]

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
arvin said:

with me.

Btw: Does Guild accept custom orders nowadays ?

Hello arvin,

Welcome! The F-212C was available on a regular basis from 1976 till about 1981.

As far as custom orders are concerned, you probably could have ordered something like an F-212C a couple of years ago, but right now I don't think they're set up to honor a request like that.

Here's a body close-up of a late '70s model:

[img:380:589]http://www.guitarchives.nl/fotos/F-212C_1.jpg[/img]

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Reaction score
Hello Hans,

GREAT, thanks a lot. It's a dream, isn't it ?

As stated above, I've catched an used 77' F212XL last summer with a sound
straight from heaven...it's so special and fantastic ! I now use silk & steel
strings and found them more comfortable to play, i.e. for the fingerstyle thing than the Martins's M500 which I've used before...

But I still have that dream to get a F212C one day...so I have to be patient and check ebay every day for an offer...

Greets,
Arvin

Reaction score
Hello Hans,

GREAT, thanks a lot. It's a dream, isn't it ?

As stated above, I've catched an used 77' F212XL last summer with a sound
straight from heaven...it's so special and fantastic ! I now use silk & steel
strings and found them more comfortable to play, i.e. for the fingerstyle thing than the Martins's M500 which I've used before...

But I still have that dream to get a F212C one day...so I have to be patient and check ebay every day for an offer...

Greets,
Arvin