Rise of the Phoenix?

santfe

Reaction score
From a post on the Fender Forum:

"Bing K
FDP Business Member

USA Central Mont

Guitars of Montana Mar 29th, 2006 08:13 PM Edit Profile Print Topic Search Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received this note from my inside sales rep on 11/7/05:

"Last week we received word that ALL Guild Electrics are being discontinued and will be re-launched late in 2006.""

santfe

Reaction score
Bing Schmitt at Guitars of Montana said that he will share what he has with us

Bing k

Reaction score
I'm Bing Schmitt from Guitars of Montana

Folks, I don't know that I have a heck of a lot to add.

I was going to order in a couple Starfires for the late Christmas season. When I checked stock at Fender they showed out of stock so I called in to see when they would be available. The reply posted by "santfe" above is what I got back. The reps had been informed the week earlier and this was public information.

I had hoped to hear something about ? in the upcoming 2006 Summer NAMM information.
The "reintroduced in late 2006" would indicate to me maybe what we will see will be something introduced as 2007s at the Winter NAMM in January.

I called in today but couldn't hook up with anybody on short notice to get any update on the subject. Assuming there is an update. They may be working on something: I'm not sure they would tell me much because I suppose it's "top secret" until the media release, if there is one.

I'll continue trying to get some idea of what the plan is.

I'm about the smallest fish in the pond selling Fender Specialties lines so I don't carry much clout.

My apologies for not keeping up with things here at "Lets talk Guild".
If anyone wants to discuss this or another subject outside the forum feel free to email me.

Thanks Jack for contacting me and getting me in on the discussion. I'm sorry I don't have more to add. I'll try to get some indication of what's to come and report back.

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
Fender Guild will be represented at Merlefest this year and I will ask. Donnie Wade was there last year. I expect a non answer... or one similar to last year "The decision will be made at a meeting sometime during the summer"

Charlie Vegas

Reaction score
Guild Marketing

Well I think Donnie Wade needs to take a cue from Mike Lewis! He listens in at the gretschpages, occasionally drops hints of upcoming product, and solicits suggestions. If the Guild rumor is true about the electrics being re-launched, no better place to start drumming up support then right here. But if they're not going to be of the same caliber as the Gretsch professional series, then I think they should just can the whole idea.

samdjr74

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but if Fender does bring back the Guild electric line up or atleast part of it, will they be US or import made?

Sam

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
Phoenix rises indeed.

I spoke to the guild folks at Merlefest.. Donnie Wade has got Guild back making money and will indeed be expanding the line. Archtops are coming back.. Perhaps toward the end of the year. That is good news if you ask me and now that I think about it... Although I am not a fan of GAD guitars, but if they result in a revenue stream that allows the building of other lines it is good thing. Well the GAD guitars I have played sounded fine to me, I just perfer an American built guitar. None of the new guitars sound as good to me as my older Guilds.

I didn't ask about Bluebirds. Wish I had. :D