Baratone Guitar

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I am starting this topic even though I feel realatively sure Guild never built any baratone guitars.

I am interested in owning one someday because of the BIG meaty tone they have. However I know very little about them. So here are a few questions I would like answered if anybody has the knowledge.

1. What is standard tuning compared to a regular dreadnought?
2. If I were playing baratone with a dreadnought playing a song in "G", would I play the song in "G" on the baratone?
3. Does anybody know where to find printed material on playing a baratone?

There is a singer from the current crop of Texas country music players named Corry Morrow. I was just listening to his song "In spite of spite" and the baratone playing the alternate rythm is just awsome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nancy

Reaction score
Baratone

Mr. P ~ It's me AGAIN. I sure couldn't tell you if they were guilds but I have seen about 3 that I can remember in my travels. They were double necked with one regular stringing and the other with a bass neck. This probably isn't what you're talking about but they were interesting and one fellow was quite tastey in his licks and how he integrated the two in a performance.
Nancy

Squawk

Reaction score
Mr. P ~ said:
I am starting this topic even though I feel realatively sure Guild never built any baratone guitars.

I am interested in owning one someday because of the BIG meaty tone they have. However I know very little about them. So here are a few questions I would like answered if anybody has the knowledge.

1. What is standard tuning compared to a regular dreadnought?
2. If I were playing baratone with a dreadnought playing a song in "G", would I play the song in "G" on the baratone?
3. Does anybody know where to find printed material on playing a baratone?

There is a singer from the current crop of Texas country music players named Corry Morrow. I was just listening to his song "In spite of spite" and the baratone playing the alternate rythm is just awsome.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is no real standard for baritones - each company that makes them tend to devise their own specs. I have a Fender baritone strat. It is tuned B to B, so it plays like a standard guitar, but sounds in a key 5 steps lower. So if you were playing a song in G, it would sound in D on the baritone - or you would have to play in C to get it to sound in G.

My strat has a 27" scale - Fender also produces a Jaguar baritone with a 28.5" scale. Gibson's Les Paul baritone has a 28" scale. Schecter maks a baritone with a 27.5" scale.

I have heard of baritone acoustic guitars, but have yet to see one.

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Sqwak. I have just started looking into it, and I found this Tacoma.

[img:168:450]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pa708a7c4660210fbabecbd3165423213/ef8b0675.jpg[/img]

Mo

Reaction score

dklsplace

Reaction score
Fantastic Mo!

Thanks for bringing those over & thanks to your very talented members!

Mr. P ~

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Those clips are sooo nice!! I love the sound of that guitar and the Baratone in general. 8)