Are we weird?

Cypress Knee

Reaction score
Did anyone notice this comment over on Ebay? Picked up while browsing this morning - CK

Questions from other members : 1966 guild f312 brazilian - social studies projetct Item number: 7403811354

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Pardon my ignorance, but why are you calling this a social studies project? Is it really a project guitar? Thanks again

Apr-03-06
A: it is not project guitar, it is my project to see how people will bid when i start at $0.99 and what kind of questions will i get. i know it sounds bizzare but i noticed that guild people are strange bunch. everytime i was selling one of my guilds i got lot's of how much to end it early and it is not what it is etc. etc. no other brand has such a weird following. that is why i call it social studies project. i hope it is clear now. i am just having bit of fun in murky ebay waters of buck chase. i'd also lik to mention that i do not intend to pull this auction, it will run to the end. (yes somone alrady asked that even though it is in the description that i do not like any early buy now approaches as i said - weird) best regards d

dklsplace

Reaction score
Perhaps we should turn this into a poll? Are we the weird ones, or is everyone else just clueless?

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
After careful analysis of this gentleman, I have decided that if you gave him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change. He truly has delusions of mediocrity. 3 million sperm, and he is the one that made it to the egg! Wow!

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
As a man of great integrity, I always admit when I am wrong! It has been pointed out to me (I'm no biologist) that a normal count is actually 20,000,000. However, that makes it even that much more remarkable that this guy was the dominant.

West

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Apparently he was the runt of the 20,000,000 litter, so small (and his DNA for future brain growth so miniscule) that he was the only one to pass through the ..., uh,,, protective sheath.

john_kidder

Reaction score
Far be it from me to suggest such a thing in normal circumstances, but could it be that this thread is getting, what's that word, "weird"? Perhaps if that seller were to listen in he'd think his opinions were confirmed?

I've had similar comments from sellers when one sends them a note about an incorrect model number, poor dating, comments on non-original fittings, etc. I do it all the time, just for fun: almost all the sellers are thankful, and change their listings. Some get positively outraged: one fellow told me that the only people who ever commented on listing were Guild people (more than just me), and who did we think we were, and his listing was his own listing, and caveat emptor, and why didn't we just get out of his face, etc. Flames, indeed. I presume from his and other reactions that Guild people are, if not weird, perhaps obsessive in our attention to detail and accuracy.

Speaks to a healthy market, to me - more information is always preferred to less.

Onwards, weird ones. The world awaits.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Virgo people gravitate towards Guilds ???? ( Interesting sub-topic: "What guitars suit which star-sign" or "What star-sign is your guitar." SEE, I'm weird!!!! Gary - compulsive Virgo.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
John,

Being obsessed with detail and accuracy, I thought I'd let you know that there is no "E" after the "L" in Westerly. :)

West

Sorry about that, but I couldn't resist. :twisted:

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Coastie,

I really am laughing out loud, not just writing LOL.

I was living outside the US when Nixon was Prez and again during Ray-Gun's presidency, and that was embarrassing. But this guy is a disgrace (in my humble but infallible opinion).

Stevo

Reaction score
Tony Blair has certainly swung to the Dark Side, but after George Michael visited 10 Downing St he said that Tony was pestering him to look at his guitar. I guess Tony can't be 100% bad, wonder what guitar he has?

Cheers
Steve