X550P

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Haha, I saw that too. I wonder whether FMIC made it, or the Paladins' own Thomas Yearsley - he used to print up their merch in his garage.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The X550P was in the catalog and pricelist for a couple of years, but apart from Dave Gonzalez' own, and another one made at the same time and sold by Buffalo Brothers, it doesn't seem like any others were produced.

To myself and likeminded people, it was the most exciting electric archtop Guild produced in recent years, but I guess it was a little pricey for the crowd it was aimed at.

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Yeah, pricey. I should have ordered one when they finally were released, but couldn't bring myself to commit to ~$3500 for one and then have to wait 6 months or so (or never!)...

By the way, in other sad news, the latest blurb on the Paladins website semi-officially disbands the group and DG is concentrating on the Hacienda Bros. now.

Vaporware is computer talk for software that gets publicity but never actually appears on the market for sale.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks, jeff. As a total geezeroo, I need remedial education in computaters.

Yes, the X 500P was steep. toobad. I got to help Gonzo carry some of his equipment into a gig. It was like carrying Mickey Mantle's anthletic supporter.

The Paladins were touring in a roach of a Ford Econoline. Talk about the chitlin circuit. Too bad they didn't have real talent like the human karaoke machines on whatever that Paula Abdul show is.

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Yeah, "talent".

After 14 years of following the Paladins, I finally got to see them here on the East Coast (PA) a few years ago. Dave Gonzales was touring with the new Paladin prototype and he offered to show it to me. It was like holding the Holy Grail! It was a great show in a little dive off of I78 in the middle of nowhere.