That was a quick love affair

Reaction score
After three days of playing my new GAD Guild D-25 I realized my shoulder wasn't going to hold up.I've been playing small body guiatrs since I started three years ago and it just wasn't working trying to wrap these stubby arms around that big body.It's also too bad that all the smaller bodies Guilds have the 1 3/4 neck.I am picky about neck size having played a lo profile 1 11/16th neck Martin for my three years.

Elderly took the Guild back no questions.great people to deal with.
I picked up a Blueridge BR-243.Pencil neck for a scrawny pencil neck like me.great forum here and maybe a small body Guild is in my future and I'll pop back.A M-20 sounds good but decent ones from the 60s seem few and far between.the one I saw at Intermountain Guitar for 900 had a horrible amount of finish checking.
Take care people.
Lickity Split

john_kidder

Reaction score
That's too bad.

You might also want to look at the Guild small jumbos if you get a chance - the Gruhn series (F-44, GF-25 through GF-60) are my personal favourites, but the F-30 and others also have that medium sized body that might help. I've got big hands, and the Guild necks feel as if they were designed specifically for me, except for my M-20 which takes quite a bit of adjustment when I first pick it up.

There used to be an ad that ran every week in (I think) in every major newspaper in North America, back in the day when the knock on your door might be from a door-to-door salesman, rather than a charity canvasser. In the 50s (god, I'm old), a surprising number of people bought encyclopedias from such folks - World Book, Columbia, and, of course, Britannica. The ads, in the help wanted section of every paper, simply said "Every good book man eventually joins Britannica".

Might I say something like "Every thoughtful player eventually buys a Guild"?

Good luck, hope you keep hanging around this board anyway.