keith richard's guild model

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
hi, i'm new to this site. i've owned fenders and tons of gibsons, now, i need some guild gear.. does ANYONE know which guild keith richards played when they did 'satisfaction' on the ed sullivan show? it looks like an m-75 aristicrat, but it has F-HOLES, and it also seems to have an additional smalll knob where the pickup selector switch is located. i have never ever seen another one like that!!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
revelroy said:
does ANYONE know which guild keith richards played when they did 'satisfaction' on the ed sullivan show? it looks like an m-75 aristicrat, but it has F-HOLES, and it also seems to have an additional smalll knob where the pickup selector switch is located. i have never ever seen another one like that!!

Hi revelroy,

The reason you've never seen another one is because the guitar in question was modified. It's an M-65 that was outfitted with 2 DeArmond pickups, an extra set of tone & volume knobs and a Master Volume. It doesn't look like this modification was done at the factory since the extra vol. & tone knobs are in the wrong location and also the Master volume knob was mounted at a very odd place. There are other small details that are very un-like Guild, so the work must have been done after the guitar left the factory.

Here's a link to a page from my website. Just click on the second one of the smaller thumbnails to see the guitar:

http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/gallery_detail.php?id=98

Sincerely,

Hans