Yet another Bluesbird Serial Number question

GraceNotes

Reaction score
I have bugged Hans many times for dating serial numbers. Is there a chart online yet that is current?

Anyway, I need a date for: CH000062. This one has a Fender Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock, too.

Thanks, as always.

nochance

Reaction score
GraceNotes said:
I have bugged Hans many times for dating serial numbers. Is there a chart online yet that is current?

Anyway, I need a date for: CH000062. This one has a Fender Custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock, too.

Thanks, as always.

Bet'cha it's CM not CH and it would be either from 2001 or 2002 (I'm sure Hans can clarify) - I've read varying reports that the first 40-50 Bluesbirds made Corona were done in the Custom Shop, sort of like production test runs to figure out how they should be made on the floor.

I own one myself, but it was stamped "used" and the serial number obliterated, so I have no idea where in the sequence it falls. 062 is the highest number I've seen on these and it would seem to imply that more of these came out of the Custom Shop than was previously thought.... by the 5 or 6 of us around the world who think about such things.. :)

Unless of course, yours is an actual Custom Shop order? Do you have any pictures you can post of this guitar? I'd love to see it.

Mine has the most comfortable neck I have ever held in my hand, and is just a great guitar all around.. stunning to look at, and a joy to play.

GraceNotes

Reaction score
My bad.... (mea culpa, in Latin); it IS a CM serial number.

I do have pictures, just not sure where/how to post them.

It is, btw, for sale.

nochance

Reaction score
CH / CM it's a common mistake.

I just sent you a private message on here regarding your Bluesbird.

To post a pic, you need to have it hosted somewhere that allows direct linking, and then use the Img button above the text field when replying to a message or posting a new one.

Cheers

GraceNotes

Reaction score
I got a tentative offer to buy tonight, so let me hold off on further details for now. But I'd still like to zero in on the year of manufacture, and whether the Custom Shop logo is of significance.

nochance

Reaction score
Send the details anwyay, or at least post/send some pictures, it's just conversation and non-binding. If your buyer backs out, I'd be interested in discussing price. I'd still be curious to see it if nothing else.

The early CS guitars where sold as regular production with no additional price increase. They interest me because the neck on mine isn't quite like any other Bluesbird I've come across. Thicker than the Westerly built, thinner than the Corona floor runs but really comfortable to me personally. I've never had a chance to check out a second CS team built production unit.

I have always thought that if I ever came across another one for sale I'd buy it if I could swing it financially at the time. They come up on Ebay every now and again.

Well, either way, cheers.

GraceNotes

Reaction score
My buyer changed his mind because the guitar isn't stock. The original owner put Duncan Seth Lover pickups in this one, and switched to solid shaft pots for some reason.

NoChance - I sent you an email with pictures.

nochance

Reaction score
well this is turning out to be a heck of week for GAS. Quite unexpected, 2 Guilds and a Reverend Goblin... Gracenotes, thanks for the deal!

Hans - if you have a minute, can you confirm the year of production on this one? I know it's late '01 or early '02. It would be much appreciated :)

-nc

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nochance said:
Hans - if you have a minute, can you confirm the year of production on this one? I know it's late '01 or early '02. It would be much appreciated :)

-nc

Not 100% sure but I believe this should be end of 2001.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust