F 46 - NT

GC

Reaction score
I just acquired a 1984 F 46. The label says "co-designed by G. Gruhn." It is a guitar that I first encountered about five years ago but passed on because, as much as I liked it, couldn't bring myself to ante up the price. Besides, I already had several other Guilds. For some reason, I couldn't get this one out of my mind and often thought about it since. I figured that it was long gone until I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from the owner who still had it. He said that he really needed to sell off some of his guitars and remembered that I liked the Gruhn F 46 so he was giving me first crack at it. I didn't hesitate this time and the rest is history.

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
GC,

I doubt this forum is the correct place to seek solace for your affliction.

What was it John Denver said in song? I'd no more play just one guitar than drink only one kind of wine. Or was that a song about a woman, I get it confused.

GC

Reaction score
Jeff,

I don't recollect the song but I know the disease. I've had this Guild thing for many years, partly because I feel they have never been given the regard they deserve and I have a soft spot for the underdog. Each time I tell myself this is the last one. In fact, I all but declared that to my wife only days before the infamous phone call. Maybe I need a 12-step program. At least she is very understanding.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The two of you might find some comfort in knowing that I have sought the advice of renound physician Dr. Guilda Holic on this matter. She has assured me that there is no cure. One must simply live with the knowledge that there is ALWAYS another Guild out there to be had! A true addiction. :D

West[/b]

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
*Renowned...............you guys will have to forgive my spelling. Being from Texas, I sometimes suffer from the dreaded "Bubba Syndrome". Don, you asked here a while back, if we had any suggestions for the forum? I want SPELL CHECK!

West :oops:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats GC. Pics?

You know, my buddy just asked me yesterday if there was a 12-step program for people suffering from Guild Acquisition Syndrome. I told him no, but there is a 12-string program! It worked for me! :D

GC

Reaction score
I agree that getting this guitar is a little more special. Though I had passed on it years ago, I never got it out of my mind because it left quite an impression. I did some research and found that they produced only 121 of these, 29 the first year. I have #24. It's not as preistine as some of my others, but it plays and sounds great. I will try to post pictures at some point.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hi GC,

Did send you a PM last week. Did you get it?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust