Ping...drednut

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Marc,
Good meeting you today. Hope Steve enjoys his new guitar. I could have spent another couple hours at Elderly, but I got out of there with no credit card damage. :) :) Thanks for the impromtu concert!!

Thanks!

Pat

dklsplace

Reaction score
What?!?! You guys went to Elderly & didn't invite me?

No soup for you!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, we met up at Elderly and bought a Guild. (From Pat, not from Elderly.) A friend of mine finally decided to buy a decent guitar, I saw the DC5E Pat had for sale on this forum, and my friend went home today a happy man, totin' a new old Guild! Thanks Pat, she's a beauty, a 10. But I'm a sucker for a nice Guild burst finish anyway 8)

We sat down and had a little music going with a couple of GADS in the showroom, the guy I played with for awhile took home 2 new GADS today, one six string and one twelve. Nice acoustics for the money, but we walked away with the best one today! Thanks again Pat!

Interestingly, I'm doing music on a mens retreat this fall with 2 other guys, we'll have 3 high gloss antique burst Guilds, my DV-52, the DC5E we got today, and my other friend's lefty F47CE. I'll be sure to get some photos.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I noticed the guy bought the GAD mahog jumbo, wanted to try that one.

It was kind of funny, sitting in the foyer of Elderly, with Marc(drednut) and his buddy Steve trying out my guitar. The kid working the front desk didn't know what to think!

I'm kind of glad Elderly is an hour and a half drive. What a selection of instruments. Than again I wish their repair shop was right down the road. That is a good setup. Took a Larrivee dread in for a set-up, quick service, seemingly very knowledgable tech, very user friendly.

Hope Steve enjoys the guitar!!!

Pat

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, Elderly had 3 Tacoma Guilds, 1 vintage D-50, and about 30 GADS. I played a few, lots of variation, but they still aren't doing it for me. Good workmanship, but they don't sound as nice as the Tacoma models, and they don't look as nice either. As I said before, the GAD sunbursts look particularly cheap, maybe a nice glossy sunburst is hard to achieve with a quick poly finish. Yes, I got more playing time on some of them yesterday, but I still wouldn't buy one. What we did buy was a vintage Westerly Guild. And we got it for the price of a GAD. :D

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I found this guitar thanks to this forum, kudos to Don. Unfortunately, :cry: I couldn't buy it myself, I lined this up for my buddy who recently decided to get a "good" guitar. The good thing is, I recruited another Guildaholic :lol:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
dklsplace said:
What?!?! You guys went to Elderly & didn't invite me?

No soup for you!

Hey Boss...didn't know you were in Michigan. Next time, we'll certainly give you a shout....our bad!

Pat